Coolendel Weekend

burkie

Likes Bikes
Looks like a good weekend, and cheap too. How does this course compare to the other SCUM tracks?

struggles

Likes Dirt
I was talking to Brian, one of the owners of of Coolendel and track builders, and he was saying that this years tracks are even better than the past years.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
went down to this last year...and it was one of the best weekends away ever.....

lovely location, great family fun atmosphere....wildlife everywhere...

good club race...

not sure if can make it this year due to buying/moving house before worlds...but will keep it on the agenda for next year...

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
race 1a 1b

Can someone enlighten me.
Is this the same race split into 2 starts ??
That is there are 3 races to be done for the w/e??
1hr/2hr/4hr ??

Thanks.

Newton

Likes Dirt
1hr/2hr/4hr ??

Thanks.
Four seperate races, 3 races Saturday and the 4 hr race Sunday ...

Last edited:

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would love to be there but we have Forster Tri on same weekend. Damn!!!!!

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
1hr/2hr/4hr ??

Thanks.
Sat morning has basically two races, first start is for kids and beginners on a slightly shorter track, second start is for big kids i.e. racers on a slightly longer track with a harder bit..
Then the Sat evening under lights and the 4hr Sun morning. That's how it worked last year anyway.

Jackstack is 100% correct.

Mid morning Sat - 1hr mums, dads and kids race/event
Directly after the beginners/casual riders complete - 1 hr for the more capable

Sat night - 2hr night race

Sun morning - 4 hour solo or teams enduro. longer track with increased technical sections.

The best MTB weekend ever. The family loves it. 5 year olds to 75 year olds hit the track. Very low key weekend, heaps of fun. Good track.

2 years ago completed the 4 hour as a team of 5 due night race delaying my T-Bone and refreshing ales into the wee hours of the morning around the campfire.

Last year one of the dads who took his kids ended up buzing around with a dolphin torch duct taped to his helmet and there was a kid with a wind up torch stopping occasionaly to recharge his single digit lumen light set.

Not the olympics- great relaxed weekend with your mates and families.

Is registration just on-site on the day, or should we phone ahead?
I'm just planning to hit it for the Saturday short races with my boys, need to be back home for Sat night.

southcoast

Cannon Fodder
About the tracks at Coolendel

Their is a common 5klm loop that is used in all races. It can be testing on your fitness level if riden hard and is suitable for all levels of riders as there are no rocks and logs just flowing single and double track with a bit of climbing and descending.

This is the loop used for the first and the night race.

For the second race a 1.5klm loop is added. This is all single track up and down one of the gullys and is testing on your fitness and technical riding ability.

On Sunday for the 4 hour enduro their will be a short and long course.

The short course is 6klm and will use the common 5klm loop along with another 1klm loop that is a bit more testing on the legs but has a great descent to go with the climb involved.

The long course uses all three loops and is 7.5klms in length.

Being a SCUM member and from feed back from the riders the tracks at Coolendel are great fun for riders of all abilities with last years event attracting over 150 participants.

The great thing about this weekend is the choice of 3 completly different races with 7 hours of riding for only $15 (juniors free),great amenities on hand and a great MTB family atmosphere.

I throw out a challenge to Fully Loaded Man and Nat the Kid. A six pack on the fastest lap.

Anyone taking a SS?

I have been challenged to ride this year on a SS. Not sure I have enough form this year. Ive seen the damage that these weapons can do - hey Whitto

Kids are having a wombat counting competition. The winner gets a bag of marshmellows to cook for me to eat - that sounds fair.

Forgot to ask SCUM if they are going to run a category for all of the Angry Dr Riders - should I say Non riders. Maybe SCUM could give a 10% discount on this years race. That would save everone 50 cents a race. That would be as genorous as the Angry Dr organisers have been. - Thanks for nothing Mr Angry Dr - Should be Called Tight Arse Dr.

I will see you there on Saturday. Not going to let the Angry Doctor training miles go to waste. Happy to support the $15 7hr riding weekend.