Cost of racing - too much? your thoughts?

Are race entry fees too much?

• No, you must be poor or something.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cruz

Likes Dirt
It costs more to play a round of golf at most clubs these days than to race, if you are that way inclined.
Cost is a very subjective thing to every individual. To a lot of riders the cost is not a problem.
To the promotors, cost is a problem as even now they are lucky to break even for all their hard work let alone turn a profit.
To a lot of riders cost is a problem and unless the riders can come up with some new way of staging an event without all the costs and hardwork then there is only one result left, save more to race or race less.
We all would love a new bike, holidays, cars, stereos etc but it only ever comes to those who can save and pay for it (or live in debt all your life)

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in NSW and i have done a few club slalom events and i got to say that the entry fee was really goo, only $5 or $10 for the event, the expensive bit was the day license $22.
There were no prizes as such, but the top 3 in each category got a big fancy ribbon thing!!!

bazza

look at me
ahah

pretty expensive these days. but still its worth it. its a budgeted cost. but still for nq champs in el arish it was 100 bucks to get there. then it was 20 bucks to enter the mtx and 20 bucks to enter the dh, wasnt to bad since it was shuttled, only problem is it pissed down rain and we only got 1 shuttled run to the top, had to walk for the race run. saw mick hannah though, that was cool. and i think mackay was going to cost even more than that, the sport people said it was looking at costing 50 bucks for them to race. oh well. its the BLOODY INSURANCE SHIT. DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM. IF YOU GET HURT. LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!1

Ty

Eats Squid
Re: ahah

bazza said:
only problem is it pissed down rain
as you said bro, it was in el arish, they get the 3rd highest rainfall figgures in queensland (after Tully and Innisfail) i think it's something like 3000 mm a year, if your racing there you have to expect to be riding in the wet.

bazza

look at me
yer

yer your right but still, it really sucks when you are waiting up top in the freezing cold rain, soaking wet. waiting for your turn which for some reason you missed because it was in sport and not juniours and then you are forced to go last, once the course has been fully chewed and fully slick and then at the end of the day you find out your in hardtail..... and you got 2nd, only problem is i was on a stinky. herm. oh well. but still it would of been as AWESOME track in the dry, even partially muddy conditions. but nooooo it was a damn river. ok i think i have vented my frustration at that day.

Ty

Eats Squid
Re: yer

bazza said:
yer your right but still, it really sucks when you are waiting up top in the freezing cold rain, soaking wet. waiting for your turn which for some reason you missed because it was in sport and not juniours and then you are forced to go last, once the course has been fully chewed and fully slick and then at the end of the day you find out your in hardtail..... and you got 2nd, only problem is i was on a stinky. herm. oh well. but still it would of been as AWESOME track in the dry, even partially muddy conditions. but nooooo it was a damn river. ok i think i have vented my frustration at that day.
haha thats some funny stuff, 2nd on a dullie in hardtail class is pretty crappy mistake to be made by the organisers of the event. to tell ya the truth i didn't even know there was downhills near el arish (i'm from cairns orignaly) but it makes sence considering it's right up aginst the bllenden ker range (which contains mt bartle frere QLDs hightest mountain 5000+ feet)