VIC Council building 2km XC trail and pump track GEELONG

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
XC trail can suck a nut but that pump and jumps track looks awesome.

If only I had a more suitable bike.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'm living pretty close to where this is being built. Looking forward to it opening, so I can head down for a few quick laps after work, maybe get in a bit of shape for once.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I was speaking to one of the builders last week and the opening has been delayed a little while due to people using the trail before they've manage to add the finishing touches. Dirtart have mentioned the issues on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/1085046925...3433.108504692523383/1204383779602130/?type=3).

When I was there people had just ripped the bunting off 90% the features and pulled the temporary fencing from spots around the pump / jump area. Wasn't just kids riding it either...

And there's a bit of an old article with a trail map.... http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...n/news-story/74e9d941cdf8c1c2835b5c98baa50359

Last edited:
Yeah, a couple of evenings I've seen people already attempting to ride the track, don't know why the can't just wait a few weeks till it's finished properly!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
People all over the tracks today. Hopefully it'll be this popular once it's actually finished!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
People all over the tracks today. Hopefully it'll be this popular once it's actually finished!
Pffffft......it'll be mainstream by then. Can't ride that shit.

Keep an eye out for the t-shirts, "I rode Newtown, before it was cool".

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I was down there today and spoke to someone doing some work on the track and they said the top section was open. They'd also taken all the bunting down from the features so that call made sense. There was also trail signage at multiple points on the trails and venue maps up at a few points around the park.

I walked 90% of the open trail and it was pretty soft given the bucketing of rain Geelong received over the last few days. The main lines through the berms and corners were pretty good, but off that very soft.

The pump / jump section will be open in about 2 weeks. They were laying a lot of mulch in that section.

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I got a bunch of photos this morning. It's looking like it's going to be a lot of fun!

And if the damn things ever upload to Dropbox, I'll be able to post some!

Ideate

That pump jump track in the background looks so much fun. Not sure about those rock patches? Should be fun anyway.

Any houses for sale across the road?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

All the stuff behind the fencing (except the jump and pump tracks, I think) links up with the top tracks in some fashion.

08.jpg

This bit's still fenced off, I just took the picture with the lens peeping through the fence.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
09.jpg

10.jpg

These nice rocky bits (that corner is rockier than it looks in the pic) lead around to this lovely little rock garden (below), which is a bit gnarlier than the pic shows. It looks like a really easy line until about 2/3 through, then OH SHIT WHO PUT THAT THERE?!

11.jpg

12.jpg

See? Easy!