Cove Shocker, HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
mad little stable of bikes there covy, probably nearly 20gee's worth if you were in aus. ride em all hard mate. i can't say too much though, approx 12gee's worth in my shed. :rolleyes:

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Hey covy,

Noticed in your album on pinkbike you have a picture of a DHR with a single crown totem. Got any more pics of it?

That shocker looks good in silver and orange by the way, and they do look better in the flesh then in the pics.

Thanks

red_dog

Likes Dirt
Well I've had enough time on the Shocker now to evaluate what I think of it

Having owned a Cove Peeler previously I liked the Feel, but found the Head Angles to be too steep for what I wanted to do on it, and the BB position to be a little out of whack.
When the 'New' Shocker design appeared on the scene, I contemplated for a little while as to getting one or not.
The pictures of the Poo brown colour and bent seat tube didnt do anything for me.
Several months passed and I desperately needed a new frame.
I was talked into ordering a Shocker Frame by my LBS, and given the pretty good price I decided to go ahead and take the plunge.
The pictures of these frames really dont do it justice, they are a thing of beauty in the flesh!

Initially the pros are that it Jumps really well, has a good head angle, slightly slacker than the '05 Peeler, giving it a little more stability at higher speeds whilst still being able to corner really well (having gotten used to a Demo9, it was a most welcome pleasant surprise on the first ride!)

But unfortunately I do have to say that there are some negatives that are similar to what I experienced with the Peeler.
Rear wheel flex is a little more than you would like out of a high class DH bike, and the chain-growth is still very evident, causing those god awful noises of the chain reefing on the cassette.
On a lesser note, I was a little disappointed in that ordering a new frame (that retails for $4400) you cant specify what weight spring for the shock you get, for that type of money it should be a given.

But overall I'm still pretty happy with my new purchase

Hey Adam! make my T-Shirt a medium......dont charge me too much

Attachments

Last edited:

covy

Squid
Rear wheel flex is a little more than you would like out of a high class DH bike, and the chain-growth is still very evident, causing those god awful noises of the chain reefing on the cassette.
I don't really have the same feelin about the flexibility of the rear. Maybe beacause i don't have the new lighter link plates. No hole in mine. Cove will send my the same than yours in February so I'll try to feel the difference. The shocker really feel stiffer than the peeler. I really love this bike and its stability. I have no proble of chain-growth. It's strange. If the frame was a little lighter, it would be perfect for me. I have on it a 350lbs/in RCS titanium spring so i didn't care of the one Cove send with the shock. My frame is a Medium one and if my memory is good, the spring i received on the DHX5 was a 450lbs/in

When i watch your Shocker, mine feel sad... I really like the pixie blue color !

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
nice set up dog!!
head angle looks steep in that pic though

..should be a few Shockers down at Stromlo this w/e

pin it!

A

sanchez

dear Mr Cove,
Trying terribly hard to import one of these cove sanchez frames. do you import these as well? If so, what would it set me back?

Sorry, downhill is not really my thing.

Regards,
Wimpy xc / dirtjumper.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
yep, couple in stock plus i have i used one you can get for $350 inc postage (frame only)