Cove Shocker, HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
tu plang said:
hehe, can you say that again, we cant understand you with your foot in your mouth
Sorry, just let me get it out. Wait... no thats not working. Its in way to deep, might have to try from the other end, man this is NOT going to be fun. Email me for pics :p.

tu plang

knob
Chalkie said:
Sorry, just let me get it out. Wait... no thats not working. Its in way to deep, might have to try from the other end, man this is NOT going to be fun.
hahah, better run... or hop :p ok enough, enough :p

(better go on topic) damn nice looking bike. 4500 isnt too bad, we havent come to expect coves to be cheap and i think for a boutique frame thats on par with the rest of them.

bikeculture

bicycle boutique
Total bike weight is 18.7kg. Exactly the same frame weight as the ironhorse sunday.

18.7kg with no weight saving measures at all.

more photos shortly

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
bikeculture said:
Total bike weight is 18.7kg. Exactly the same frame weight as the ironhorse sunday.

18.7kg with no weight saving measures at all.

more photos shortly
Hey John,
Have you built this up for someone or are we going to see you on it at the next race?

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got back from Whistler where I saw a couple of them - sweet looking rigs and that one is no exception.

bikeculture

bicycle boutique
Yeah I will be riding the light blue shocker at Canberra. After a quick spin last nite, they definately pedal very well and feel super nimble. Weight is low and geometry feels better and better each time I sit on it.

I would almost put the life savings on the fact that it will never break.

Cant wait for the new Hooker !

SDA

Likes Dirt
Can of Worms.. Had to be opened!!

tu plang said:
4500 isnt too bad, we havent come to expect coves to be cheap and i think for a boutique frame thats on par with the rest of them.
But it is not too good when you can get a complete for about that from Cove Bikes, Main Street store in North Vancouver! $4,500CAD + 7% Tax + Exchange Rate!

Hence...

SDA said:
Wow...

[COLOR="White]Hmm... how much is a return ticket to Vancouver??[/COLOR]
Anyone get my drift?? :rolleyes:

tu plang

knob
SDA said:
But it is not too good when you can get a complete for about that from Cove Bikes, Main Street store in North Vancouver! $4,500CAD + 7% Tax + Exchange Rate!

Hence...

Anyone get my drift?? :rolleyes:
yeah well excuse mr. cove for running a business. you're getting pretty close to 6 grand for just what you've outlined above, so you tell me, how much is a plane ticket to vancouver?

Goobs

Likes Dirt
About 2,500 Sydney -> Vancouver return. Add in some accomodation, travel insurance, extra freight costs and it would seem pretty uneconomical.

Also, I'd hazard a guess that Adam is quoting RRP. Most bike shops would be doing much better deals i would imagine!

tu plang said:
yeah well excuse mr. cove for running a business. you're getting pretty close to 6 grand for just what you've outlined above, so you tell me, how much is a plane ticket to vancouver?

udi

swiss cheese
bikeculture said:
Exactly the same frame weight as the ironhorse sunday.
5.5kg (12.2lbs) is not the same weight as a sunday frame.
A sunday with DHX5/steel is around 5.3kg (11.7lbs) to my knowledge.

SDA

Likes Dirt
Goobs said:
About 2,500 Sydney -> Vancouver return. Add in some accomodation, travel insurance, extra freight costs and it would seem pretty uneconomical.

Also, I'd hazard a guess that Adam is quoting RRP. Most bike shops would be doing much better deals i would imagine!

Yeah.. but you may be able to also ride the North Shore & Whistler for around the same price as a complete bike here! Just a thought..

But if people are happy to pay a small fortune on a bike, rather than paying a similar small fortune on a bike & holiday.. go for it! I know what I would do.. but that is me.. not the general biking community!:)

cressa

Likes Dirt
SDA said:
Yeah.. but you may be able to also ride the North Shore & Whistler for around the same price as a complete bike here! Just a thought..

But if people are happy to pay a small fortune on a bike, rather than paying a similar small fortune on a bike & holiday.. go for it! I know what I would do.. but that is me.. not the general biking community!:)

It's a little inappropriate to be making these kind of suggestions in this thread. Mr Cove is running a business and he's posted in the approriate place to tell us about it.

If you want to conjur(sp) up an elaborate plan to undercut the Australian dealer and save yourself some money, do it elsewhere.

How about simply rejoicing in the things beauty ...

that said "oooooeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

bikeculture

bicycle boutique
Hey udi I dont know if the weight you have seen is a manufacturer listed or not but they are within 50g of each other including rear axle. The sunday framekit (USA built one) is lighter but not sure how much.

As far as the holiday idea, It would be great but when you spend big coin on a bike its important to have someone who can sort out any problems and set up for you if you need that.

Binaural

Eats Squid
SDA said:

What if you can buy a Cove AND a trip to Whistler? ;)

SDA

Likes Dirt
shane1377 said:
It's a little inappropriate to be making these kind of suggestions in this thread.
Fair enough.. :) If you feel that strongly.. you know what to do.

bikeculture said:
its important to have someone who can sort out any problems and set up for you if you need that.
Thats what I was thinking! ;)

Last edited:

covy

Squid
As far as i know Covy is the french cove importer...
I'm not, I'm just a french rider helped by Cove and SRAM.
It helps me to get such wonderfull bikes ;)

No my stiffee has changes and i'm going to put a Lyric fork on my G-Spot and a Totem on my Shocker. I'm goint too to upgrade my Shocker with the 2006-2006 lighter upper link plates. Code Brakes too instead of my actual hayes mag bfl