COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Is it just me, or would it be smart to allow people to do a big shop once a week on some sort of roster? Currently, I can only buy one of any items, so I have to go to the supermarket at least once a day for most basic supplies.
Good idea it would control hoarding and reduce the spread.

I just rang our local supermarket as the local GP and suggested that they put up a sign to stop people from feeling every bit of fruit and veg. Last night a woman felt 50 plums before she picked a few out .
I wish someone would feel my plumbs....

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Actually got a jobs list going at home. Somewhere around the middle is a fleet service for all the bikes.

I've stopped going to bunnings though, that place is getting too crazy for my liking. Was also at Ikea trying to find a floor mat for the home office chair, that place is crazy basically the sort of shop everyone touches stuff and pulls out drawers and handles etc. Madness.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Lockdown and holidays. Peak was still in full swing this morning. I had to work in office today on skeleton shift, but Melbourne is all party right now..

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
^^^ That's the 50% of the population who are fucking idiots.

The only thing that would tame them is an enforced stay at home order.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yep.

Every person who gets infected is another delay to the end of the shutdown.

Which makes me triply annoyed at the young morons who are deliberately not giving a shit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A friend went full isolation with family a bit over a week ago. Except for the kids still going to school and both parents still working... I did suspect it was in part to keep the in laws away as they are morons. But then he decides to take his family out to the beach on the weekend for some peace and quiet...and is pissed about how many people were there! Sigh...he lives on a perfectly swim friendly waterfront. I can't understand the thinking.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep.

Which makes me triply annoyed at the young morons who are deliberately not giving a shit.
Dooooooooooooooooode...it won't effect me, I'm young and can't catch it. Well I can but it's only a cold and I'll shake that off in a day or 2. Why should I suffer just because some d people that aren't my grandparents might get sick? Stop being so old.

Should we just build a compound akin to the second Zombieland film for these people to commune in? Catch is they can never be let out...which doesn't worry me too much. I think E could assemble something suitable in about 3 weeks. In the dessert so anyone that escapes will die before reaching civilization. Make a big pool for them, let it rain beer, the gardens are all marijuana and mushrooms, and they can share all the gramsnaptokbook liking with each other that they want. But their social media must also never leave the compound. Fuck it to get this one's over the line I'll even let the 3 unholy apostles project a giant golden hologram of themselves to their followers...at set times through the day 6 storey tall golden images of scomo, frydenberg, and Dutton will project from the centre of the compound to share wisdom and love. Fuck hey can even have muscles and mega cocks! Actually the mega cocks might project the beer rain. This may be statues rather than holograms. Shit just got complicated. Will also need to ensure the sterilisation of these fuckwits.

Big dumbly ute pulled up outside a neighbour's place last night. Followed by loud conversation...about going to the pub for a few beers. Neighbour joins crew in ute (after a loud conversation with ute still running of course) and off they go to the pub. Nobody in the conversation raised the slight chance that the whole city is locked down...sweet sweet oblivion.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Our borders are closed - the US isn't our problem or a threat now, it's all the fuckwits here that still think it's ok to keep going out.

@pink poodle - what pub was open last night? They were closed at noon weren't they.

Edit: We need to act like it's a Wuhan syle lock-down when it comes to heading to the shops and potentially putting yourself in close proximity to others. Wife went to Woolies this morning and said that everyone was taking things seriously; maintaining separation, there is a line on the floor at the checkout to keep you from unloading your trolley before the next person has gone through, and marks on the floor at the checkout that you need to stand on to maintain distance from the checkout attendant. She only went because there were no online delivery slots available at all in the next 7 days which is as far as the website lets you see. You would think that the supermarkets would be better off closed, with online delivery the only way to get your groceries. In the meantime, go once a week, and hope they have toilet paper when you do.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Got a whole department email from the boss saying ‘no one is going to have to take unpaid leave or lose their jobs’....that’s the sort of thing that usually gets said before jobs start being cut or being asked to take unpaid leave.
Still, it’s put my wife at ease for now. She’s an ICU nurse and was saying she’d take up lots of overtime if we needed the money. Hoping to keep her out of there as much as possible.

Wishing the best for all you ladies and gents under the pump, or already losing work :(

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle - what pub was open last night? They were closed at noon weren't they.
Exactly...there were no pubs open. These people merely existed in a state of total ignorance to what is going on. They aren't alone and they will no doubt be well connected with other like minded morons and we will soon have an explosion of street parties, beach parties, and house parties. You can't beat stupid with smart...it's just too hard to think like they do.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Yep.

Or the rest of the population that hasn't changed their way of life either? Still packing into bunnings, the shops etc with no consideration to distancing. There is no reason young people should be singled out when no one group is adapting any better

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Exactly...there were no pubs open. These people merely existed in a state of total ignorance to what is going on. They aren't alone and they will no doubt be well connected with other like minded morons and we will soon have an explosion of street parties, beach parties, and house parties. You can't beat stupid with smart...it's just too hard to think like they do.
Probably NRL players, what with end of season and all.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plenty of people polled by the guardian reckon the gov has over reacted..
And I bet you it’s not just the youngies, you can can hear the 2 mortgages, 2 car loans, kids in private school and mutiple credit cards groups screaming to keep the economy going at any cost..
Our economy looks pretty fking dire going ahead, our no recession growth came through credit not productivity. What happens when people can’t service the monster debt anymore?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Hunt just came out and said 147,000 corona virus pathology tests had been undertaken in Australia giving us a higher testing rate per 100,000 people than Korea.

Is there anywhere where we can verify this number. My biggest issue at the moment is trust with this bunch of politicians. It's all weasel words and half truths so you have to verify everything yourself, which is not what we need right now.