COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
directions for primary school next week - no parents inside the gates. shall we take a guess how many parents can cram around the gates after school? with only 1 or 2 years at school on any day you'd think we'd be more spread out at the various classrooms than all waiting outside.
You helicopter.

Are school kids and teachers immune to this thing?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You helicopter.

Are school kids and teachers immune to this thing?
Already discussed with the 7 year old, i'll meet him in the park over the road. Would prefer he didn't have to burst through a scrum at the gate to get there.

should also add he immediately asked if he could wait 5 minutes after the bell to avoid the crowd. i dont think he understands it'll only be 1/5 of the school plus the essential workers kids each day so not like a normal day getting out of there

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think we have established quite well that science is useless with this. They just bring doom and gloom news when we need happy news

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Interesting article. For the record I'm generally supportive of the approach taken so far in Australia, aside from the initial lack of action and the Ruby Princess cluster fuck. But I do think there's going to be a point where we have to consider how to manage COVID as part of life given its prevalence in the world now, and the difficulty in creating a coronvirus vaccine (something that has never been done before).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A friend works with a passengerfl from Ruby Princess. The passenger got the bug, real bad, and has just returned to work. They can't wait to hit up the next cruise

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had an elderly uncle pass away a week ago in a retirement home in england. He'd been frail for a long time so this was sad but not a surprise to anyone. But learning it was from the virus still makes it feel lile he was cut short.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
A friend works with a passengerfl from Ruby Princess. The passenger got the bug, real bad, and has just returned to work. They can't wait to hit up the next cruise
Oh well cant get it twice ??
Will have to cope with the usual colds and gastro.
Also despite Carnival's puff pieces about reopening in 3 months , which country / port will allow them to dock?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Also despite Carnival's puff pieces about reopening in 3 months , which country / port will allow them to dock?
Can’t catch stupidity twice??? Hmmmm. Barnaby would argue this point till the cows come home.

If you can swim out to the boat, you’re clearly not sick.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
are they going to lick all the door handles in an ICU ward to prepare for it?
They'd have easy access at work.

I'm with Bill Maher...this is an industry they should be shut down.