COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
As for messing things up, do you know much about the NSW light rail projects? Great examples of how to fuck things up, especially in Sydney CDB. I don't know the outcome, could probably look it up, but the company that was handling the construction went on strike and tried to sue the government, because that is how they do business. There is always extra millions to be made from contract loopholes.
Sur do. We mexicans in Vic have our own version of this, something about contaminated land. Don't get me started how shitty PPPs are. Bring back internalizing infrastructure imo.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Sur do. We mexicans in Vic have our own version of this, something about contaminated land. Don't get me started how shitty PPPs are. Bring back internalizing infrastructure imo.
Acciona involved in both instances wasn’t it - Sydney light rail debacle and the infamous East West Link. Agree that PPPs are shit; dodgy accounting invented to hide govt borrowing that ends up as profit to private companies.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Today’s commute - car park still empty, normally full at 7am:

On the 25% of workdays I don’t WFH, I’ve been driving. But wifey convinced me to take the luxury train of endless social distancing.

Some days there’s more people on the train cleaning it than commuting.
Stark contrast to the photos I've seen from Adelaide.
They cut services so every train and tram is now sardine town

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Today’s commute - car park still empty, normally full at 7am:

On the 25% of workdays I don’t WFH, I’ve been driving. But wifey convinced me to take the luxury train of endless social distancing.

Some days there’s more people on the train cleaning it than commuting.
Will be interesting to see how long it ales for people to get back on public transport. It is a big enough struggle to shift people away from driving already! Hopefully this doesn't trigger a negative long term change turn for it.

Stark contrast to the photos I've seen from Adelaide.
They cut services so every train and tram is now sardine town
They did that early on in NSW as well. Supposedly rolled out a lot of maintenance as well...