COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
"We are not handling it well"

According to the NYT website (recent day picked at random for comparison):

Number of reported cases / deaths from COVID on 31 August 2020: 36,460 / 488

Number of reported cases / deaths from COVID on 31 August 2021: 160,250 / 1,438

SummitFever

Eats Squid
"We are not handling it well"

According to the NYT website (recent day picked at random for comparison):

Number of reported cases / deaths from COVID on 31 August 2020: 36,460 / 488

Number of reported cases / deaths from COVID on 31 August 2021: 160,250 / 1,438
We've got a lot of catching up to do then. Go Gladys!

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Such eloquence from our Minister for employment, Stuart Robert, this morning on Insiders with David Speers.

"So I'm clear: We should have a framework and stick to it, but it might shift and we have to change?"

Unsurpriisng from a man who can 'flip-flop' his own name.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve sort of reached , “ who gives a fuck anymore “ status
Our Govt has no real plan , other than get vaxed , get biscuits - only keen on opening up to the world .
I did / do all the requested ‘things’ but it’s just not improving, I feel we have lost the momentum, let it go .

Full Lord of the Flies .
In the words of Peter Garret “ only the strong survive “ or it that “ when I’m locked in my room “

moorey

call me Mia
Our Govt has no real plan , other than get vaxed , get biscuits - only keen on opening up to the world .
I did / do all the requested ‘things’ but it’s just not improving, I feel we have lost the momentum, let it go .

Full Lord of the Flies .
In the words of Peter Garret “ only the strong survive “ or it that “ when I’m locked in my room “
I wouldn’t say it’s not working…We shouldn’t end up like NSW…but it’s certainly not doing enough to keep people at bay. It’s largely still the people doing the wrong thing that are doing the greatest damage.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well that is good timing...it seems your pm has reached that stage as well and you guys are on the same agenda as NSW.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had a new trailer ordered and being held for me at a trailer manufacturer in Melbourne - let them put it back into stock and hopefully i can reorder it at some point... They sounded a bit stressed, so hopefully they can sell it and ease their cash flow a bit.

This whole caper still has the potential to crash the economy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I wouldn’t say it’s not working…We shouldn’t end up like NSW…but it’s certainly not doing enough to keep people at bay. It’s largely still the people doing the wrong thing that are doing the greatest damage.
Yep, any Government can't be full accountable for the fuckwittery of its population. If they are seen to be getting too much control then the pitchforks and torches come out along with the Trumpers.

Delta looks to be very easy to pass on and some people may not have any symptoms. It will be tough one to contain for an extended period anywhere. It is inevitable, like eBikes.