COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

PJO

in me vL comy
Shame it is still such a poorly written article. The fatality rate is so much higher for unvaccinated persons than what that article shows, it still looks like more people die if vaccinated than if not. Since it's the rates that matter not the raw numbers.
Some idea of how many have had 0/1/2/3/4 doses is crucial to getting it right, and yes it is hard to estimate because it is a moving target (both for deaths and vaccinations) but it is possible to get a reasonable picture.

Here is a link back to an old article that explains the issue:

PJO

in me vL comy
4th booster at lunchtime. Already starting to feel very bloody average... Sigh.
I hardly noticed any effects from my 4th dose.
Mild sore arm for about a day and that's it.
Hopefully a panadol and a lie down will sort it and you'll be bouncing off the walls tomorrow...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I hardly noticed any effects from my 4th dose.
Mild sore arm for about a day and that's it.
Hopefully a panadol and a lie down will sort it and you'll be bouncing off the walls tomorrow...
Seems to be the full gamut of reactions out there. The 3rd one kicked my arse thats for sure, hoping this isn't a repeat of that.

• Sad
Reactions: PJO

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the NSW website is a right PITA to make a booking. You'd think general public booking would be a none fo the above type selection, but no its under I am not severely immunocompromised and I am over 30. You really have top reads the options to find one that says i dont have any of these long list of things. then to find the iolympic park vax centre is now only open fridays and saturdays. Will find a local chemist or the like instead.

nathanm

Eats Squid
what are you trying to prevent? infection or severe disease potentially occasioning death?
it's pretty obvious by now that there is no prevention I don't believe anyone can place an argument for that.
"Severe disease potentially occasioning death" are we talking about covid, or 100 other things fitting that bill that we do or don't vaccinate against?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
it's pretty obvious by now that there is no prevention I don't believe anyone can place an argument for that.
prevention of serious illness potentially occasioning death has been proven umpteen times and supported by studies and data quoted and linked in this very thread. Infact I believe you can find the information these days with a basic google search and maybe 15 seconds of your time....on the first page of results.

Sadly, or maybe not, depends on your perspective, the govt has made it your responsibility to work out if you want to get sick and risk dying.

are we talking about covid, or 100 other things fitting that bill that we do or don't vaccinate against?
like stupidity? Yeah we cant vaccinate against that yet. Or is covid the great leveler here? hmmm food for thought.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Seems Covid finally arrived in WA. Wife and 2 of the 3 kids tested positive on Friday with effects ranging from bed ridden to mild cold. 4yr and I both negative and symptom free for now.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
At least until after whatever follows monkeypox.
i cant recall where i read it but i did see an article that charted infectious disease epidemics and pandemics through history. They were on an increase for the last 100 years and generally understood do be driven by human incursion into areas where zoonotic diseases were prevalent in local wildlife populations and then supported by advances in travel etc. The predicted curve for the next 20 or 50 years was exponential. So you may not be far off lol