COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It seems $1600 fines are not scaring any Victorians anymore. Including MTBers
This was from just one ride yesterday. Groups of 3 and 4 everywhere, with most still driving to the trail-heads.
Never seen the place so busy, coppers would have a field day.
Must be a lot of blokes living together ;)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
It seems $1600 fines are not scaring any Victorians anymore. Including MTBers
This was from just one ride yesterday. Groups of 3 and 4 everywhere, with most still driving to the trail-heads.
Never seen the place so busy, coppers would have a field day.
Must be a lot of blokes living together ;)

View attachment 362540
All look pretty well distanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All look pretty well distanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, I'm not saying I don't agree with what they are doing or how they were managing their own risks.
Not so sure the boys in blue would feel the same way. $1600 is a lot of money to most people!

slowmick

38-39"
@Chriso_29er - the cops were parked at the bottom on the Ferntree Gully National Park this morning - talking to people returning to their cars after walking in park. I saw another pair of cops in Hi-Vis drizabones walking down the trail from the top of one tree hill stopping an questioning groups on their walks. Seems there's still plenty of opportunity to spend $1600 if you're out with friends. They had no interest at all in a bloke by himself on a bike.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Chriso_29er - the cops were parked at the bottom on the Ferntree Gully National Park this morning - talking to people returning to their cars after walking in park. I saw another pair of cops in Hi-Vis drizabones walking down the trail from the top of one tree hill stopping an questioning groups on their walks. Seems there's still plenty of opportunity to spend $1600 if you're out with friends. They had no interest at all in a bloke by himself on a bike.
I'd love to know how many fines have been handed out at the 1000 steps, bet there would be a few special units flaunting the rules there!

Don't get me wrong, all the riders I've seen out and about seem to be keeping their distance even if wrongly in groups, just gives you the shits when you're doing the right thing and changed your lifestyle to try and beat this thing. Then it seems everyone else couldn't give a crap.

slowmick

38-39"
@Chriso_29er - There are so many special units at the 1000 steps. That said many of them seem to have taken to dong the fire brake at the front of Mt Dandenong. The was about 30 cars parked at the corner of Sheffield and Glasgow roads last Sunday when I did the unmentionable DH trail. So many people in active wear with disposable water bottles.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
All the gates into the D’Aguilar National Park fire trail network are covered by cars at the moment. I guess people don’t want to be seen to be parking at the main car parks/day use areas.

I politely suggested to a couple of guys today that they move their car away from blocking the gate so that ambulances could still get through, which they did. Just hadn’t thought about that kind of stuff before I guess.

As I’ve said before, notwithstanding some muppet behaviour, it’s nice seeing more people getting out into the bush.