COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
. Twiggy Forrest has secured another 10 million PCR tests to ensure we can conduct widespread community testing - that’s 20x the number of tests already done.

A challenge will be differentiating between normal seasonal flu and COVID-19 over winter. Everyone with a sniffle will need to be tested for the virus, and to isolate until cleared.
i love this, his charity buys the test kits, then says to the govt, pony up the 320M

i also don’t get this we need to widen the testing net..at present aren;t we still running around 2% positives...that’s 2 in 100 for everyone we test..why does everyone think there’s a smokin gun of positives out there?’/ statistically that would b a massive anomaly

both influenza, and sars-cov2 are unlikely to produce sniffles, sniffles runny nose are attributable to the 100 or so known colds viruses

moorey

call me Mia
i can’t believe the UK up until yesterday were only counting hospital deaths, if they died in a nursing home they were not counted
Same as US. Not counting nursing home deaths. Not testing anyone who isn’t presenting with major symptoms. Prisons are horrific, when tested, something like 90% of inmates and staff infected...and the staff are going out and mingling in a community that has either not implemented or is lifting restrictions.

moorey

call me Mia
Almost as many peeps have died in one (1) US nursing home as in the whole of Straya.
Meat processing plants have almost as many recorded infections as all of Aus. Probably more, gives they still aren’t testing all plants, or all workers within the plants.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is there a reason for the infection rate being so high at meat processing plants? Environment? Hygeine? Risk of being essential?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there a reason for the infection rate being so high at meat processing plants? Environment? Hygeine? Risk of being essential?
Probably the same as elswhere in the US, low socio-economic group that more susceptible ie diabetes, no health insurance etc..

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
i love this, his charity buys the test kits, then says to the govt, pony up the 320M

i also don’t get this we need to widen the testing net..at present aren;t we still running around 2% positives...that’s 2 in 100 for everyone we test..why does everyone think there’s a smokin gun of positives out there?’/ statistically that would b a massive anomaly

both influenza, and sars-cov2 are unlikely to produce sniffles, sniffles runny nose are attributable to the 100 or so known colds viruses
Charity begins at home, especially if you are a self-serving cunt like forrest.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Probably the same as elswhere in the US, low socio-economic group that more susceptible ie diabetes, no health insurance etc..
Low socio-economic would certainly keep the pressure up to take risks, if you can't afford not to work you can t afford not to work. Those other factors are more post infection issues. Are meet workers more likely to have the illness than grocery clerks or service station attendants?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Twiggy comes across as a bit of a flog, having the nerve to wheel out the Chinese ambassador from Victoria at the announcement FFS. Talk about looking after your own self interests first and foremost.. Can’t have our gov say anything naughty about chyna that might affect his business..

Flow-Rider

Burner
The defence force department of preparedness and mobilisation.

Geez, they'd be rubbing their hands together.

An already overfunded and bloated organisation now suddenly with relevance...

"Quick, where's that doomsday report that we made for a joke? Might be time to trot it out"
Something is going in the background, I know they've put huge orders out with a company I know of that deals with transport equipment.

Daniel Hale

Close proximity, damp conditions, not using appropriate PPE, no strategies to avoid the spread, greedy and ignorant owners/managers, desperate workers....perfect storm
cheap tequila, it kills the virus, production line so the workers prob don’t have too much contact with co workers, the cold would help render the virus inactive more quickly

moorey

call me Mia
cheap tequila, it kills the virus, production line so the workers prob don’t have too much contact with co workers, the cold would help render the virus inactive more quickly
I’m confused at what you’re saying here. Also, heat seems to kill it more. Cold ‘may’ increase its life. NFI.
Either way, it’s rampant. Are you proposing injecting vodka?

Daniel Hale

. Prisons are horrific, when tested, something like 90% of inmates and staff infected...and the staff are going out and mingling in a community that has either not implemented or is lifting restrictions.
good, i’m a herd immunity kind of guy, better all young hlthy people are exposed, the quicker we get on with things.

re paying back the debt of this—i know this will b very unpopular but we are trying to save the 1% of people, who likely wouldn’t live more than 10 yrs & won’t have to pay anything back, our kids will likely be paying off our govt debt for 10-20yrs at least,, more if this goes on all year

i once nearly told a Dr to F off, as he wanted me to get blood out of an old lady who just passed into a coma..i dind’t do it but he made a nurse get it, she passed away about 3hrs later...flog,

moorey

call me Mia
good, i’m a herd immunity kind of guy, better all young hlthy people are exposed, the quicker we get on with things.

re paying back the debt of this—i know this will b very unpopular but we are trying to save the 1% of people, who likely wouldn’t live more than 10 yrs & won’t have to pay anything back, our kids will likely be paying off our govt debt for 10-20yrs at least,, more if this goes on all year

i once nearly told a Dr to F off, as he wanted me to get blood out of an old lady who just passed into a coma..i dind’t do it but he made a nurse get it, she passed away about 3hrs later...flog,
Herd immunity hasn’t worked. Look at Sweden and UK. With something this infectious, it overwhelms the health system.

I’m 100% against your stance on this whole matter

Daniel Hale

. Are you proposing injecting vodka?
no spraying it around in a spritzer, injecting does F all, just like trumps disinfectant..it’s an air sac disease, not in the bloodstream

don’t make me get into the people aren’t dying from the virus, they are dying from the bodies over-reaction to something new, filling the lungs with fluid, causing pneumonia etc etc

moorey

call me Mia
no spraying it around in a spritzer, injecting does F all, just like trumps disinfectant..it’s an air sac disease, not in the bloodstream

don’t make me get into the people aren’t dying from the virus, they are dying from the bodies over-reaction to something new, filling the lungs with fluid, causing pneumonia etc etc
Oh. My. God.