COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
There is no care now - We are OPEN - there is no going back for whatever it turns out to be
Look at the announcements today - NSW vaccinated no longer to quarantine in VIC - NSW ending quarantine for all incomers - QLD CHO telling uas all when the borders open we will all get Covid so help yourself and vaccinate now -

nathanm

Eats Squid
So the word on the street is Hobart/Tas is set for a 3 day lock down from 6pm tonight due to that absolute POS from NSW who walked out of hotel quarantine (which is literally next to where I work and I'm looking into their windows right now) and spent and hour shopping at the local woolies.

So so angry at the state's premier. Despite all the warnings about Hotel Quarantine not working and the risks of private security he has persisted with it since the get go and surprise surprise some covid positive douche canoe just walks out the front door.

Premiers excuse was we've only had 3 people out of 13000 leave quarantine. So bloody what, if you have 13000 criminals locked up it only take one mass murderer to leave and kill a bunch of people. Why are politicians so goddam stupid.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Meanwhile, we get another week's holiday. There's a certain 'social group' that, rightly or wrongly, a lot of locals are giving the side-eye too.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Incoming hotel quarantine into NSW scrapped from 1 November.
That's HUGE for those that want to travel overseas, means airlines might start flying here again.
And for those like myself with family overseas it's pretty welcome news
This is a big problem. So many couldn't even stay in a 5 or 10km radius for a week much less lock up for two. 'tis bullshit.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Incoming hotel quarantine into NSW scrapped from 1 November.
That's HUGE for those that want to travel overseas, means airlines might start flying here again.
And for those like myself with family overseas it's pretty welcome news
NSW are definitely operating under the YOLO approach now.
No contact tracing & no quarantine = no worries

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So the word on the street is Hobart/Tas is set for a 3 day lock down from 6pm tonight due to that absolute POS from NSW who walked out of hotel quarantine (which is literally next to where I work and I'm looking into their windows right now) and spent and hour shopping at the local woolies.

So so angry at the state's premier. Despite all the warnings about Hotel Quarantine not working and the risks of private security he has persisted with it since the get go and surprise surprise some covid positive douche canoe just walks out the front door.

Premiers excuse was we've only had 3 people out of 13000 leave quarantine. So bloody what, if you have 13000 criminals locked up it only take one mass murderer to leave and kill a bunch of people. Why are politicians so goddam stupid.
OOOOOH a 3 day lockdown. How ever will you cope!?!?

:rolleyes:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Pardon my ignorance, as there is electricity to the rock I live under in Lenah Valley, but does lockdown mean stay home or can we go out for exercise?
Not sure yet, I suppose they will give the requirements if and when they announce them.
Many moons ago in 2020 when we had the lockdown up here on the Northwest coast of Tassie, we were still allowed to go out and exercise and that meant you could go for a ride but they did close all the trail networks too so that sucked.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure yet, I suppose they will give the requirements if and when they announce them.
Many moons ago in 2020 when we had the lockdown up here on the Northwest coast of Tassie, we were still allowed to go out and exercise and that meant you could go for a ride but they did close all the trail networks too so that sucked.
Same here in 2020. Closed the Wellington Park and Glenorchy MBT Park. Hobart Council left their parks open so we could at least ride on Knocklofty, through Waterworks and up to Tolemans Hill. Also discovered a heap of unkown, to me, and probably illegal trails.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Same here in 2020. Closed the Wellington Park and Glenorchy MBT Park. Hobart Council left their parks open so we could at least ride on Knocklofty, through Waterworks and up to Tolemans Hill. Also discovered a heap of unkown, to me, and probably illegal trails.
Yes, I rode around the all the walking tracks on Dooleys hill in Latrobe and went and explored every street in the town.

PJO

in me vL comy
Then there was all the building of illegal trails that happened.

Gonna be a wet weekend so riding trails is out anyway,

EDIT: might take the mattock out and start on that climbing trail I've been thinking about...