Craftworks FRM125 - To Huck Or Not To Huck?

shorty

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

I've been looking at everyone's FRM's and they all look pimp, but is the '04 model strong and can it handle a good hucking ride??

And why can't you run a triple clamp fork over 6 inches??

Well that's it!!

Rik

logged out
How big do you plan to go? They're overbuilt for a 6" bike, that's for sure. I've seen pics of people going big on them, and I'm yet to hear/see any breakage stories.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but if you huck it until it breaks with over 6inch triples on the front then isnt the warranty void?

shorty

Likes Dirt
That's right....it's a different bike. *looks bemused* My only problem is not being able to put a 7" or 8" dual crown fork on this bike without voiding the warranty!!!

naz

Criminally Inane
when i put 7inch forks on my one25 i was like ye it will never break, i only noticed a hairline crack 15minutes before my frame snapped in two....

thats my 2c

fastrider gus

super huck
but 125's are a low-end hardtail... FRM's are a medium level dually... if you compare the head tube area, there is a massive difference. the FRM could take a bigger fork sooo much better..

shorty

Likes Dirt
Well guys...i trotted down to my local shop today and have been convidence that i'll either ride a kona stinky (one with the Jnr T's) or a Banshee Scream or go in the opposite direction and buy an Ironhorse SGS Team...but please keeping adding ur opinions...

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the stinkys dont come wit jrT's, there 6" tc dropoff. sweet as tho. thats a big difference to a Scream tho!!! get wot suits wot u wonna do.
btw, its always a more balenced option to keep ur front suspension the same or a little less then ur rear. putting a 7 or 8" fork on an frm 125 is a little silly. there a top bike, get one if its suitd to ur riding style. its ozzie designed and owned, tho the frames made in asia somewhere.... to save $$$ :wink:

Rik

logged out
manny24 said:
its ozzie designed and owned, tho the frames made in asia somewhere.... to save $$$ :wink:
And interestingly enough, made in the same factory that spits out Banshee's.

Personally, I'd like to see you on an FRM, but failing that, get the Banshee, absolute tank of a bike, I wouldn't worry about breaking one of them. And it has quite a few features that sets it apart from the Stinky Dee.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SGS team! Beef as heck, awesome components, and rad geo. Good price too. I'm freakin loving mine.