Craig Gordon involved in hit run.

ViS

Likes Dirt
Damn. That sucks.

Like many others, I was introduced to Craig and his efforts through the movie 24 Solo.

What an inspirational guy. Our thought are with him.

BMCFatboy

Likes Bikes
Update

Gordo's leaving hospital today. He can walk but is quite ill still. He broke T7 in his back, C7 in his neck and broke his shoulder. He's quite dizzy and will most likely require an operation.

He's a tough nut so hopefully we seem him on the trails again.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Without any details of what happened I can only hope the driver involved has not realised they've hit him, but that might be pushing my faith in humanity a bit.
Either that or there was nothing left of what ever hit him, Gordo is tougher than Chuck Norris.

sponars

Likes Bikes
latest update on Gordo: broken back in 2 places, shattered scapula.
Was out cold for about 45 mins before he came to and called for help.
Bike is in 3 pieces.
He has no recollection of the accident, but since he has right side injuries it looks like he was sideswiped. How a driver doesn't know he hit a person...there might be CCTV footage.
Anyway, he is home, walking, and tough bastard he is already taken off his neck brace.
And he's asked for a new bike.

Chuck Norris has nothing on this guy.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
latest update on Gordo: broken back in 2 places, shattered scapula.
Was out cold for about 45 mins before he came to and called for help.
Bike is in 3 pieces.
He has no recollection of the accident, but since he has right side injuries it looks like he was sideswiped. How a driver doesn't know he hit a person...there might be CCTV footage.
Anyway, he is home, walking, and tough bastard he is already taken off his neck brace.
And he's asked for a new bike.

Chuck Norris has nothing on this guy.
Being out for 45 mins, i hope he has been checked for head injuries, that is a long time out cold!

Kingy

Likes Bikes
:-( Devostated, thoughts with u Craig & Kookla

I caught a FB post about an injury, no indication of the severity, hearing the news now has just been gutting, you are an inspiration to so many people, please God help Anita and Craig overcome this incredible misfortune and empower them with the strength to make a full recovery.

:)

I caught a FB post about an injury, no indication of the severity, hearing the news now has just been gutting, you are an inspiration to so many people, please God help Anita and Craig overcome this incredible misfortune and empower them with the strength to make a full recovery.

:)
Gordo will get through this without praying to the non-existent sky-fairy...just sayin'. He appears VERY strong of mind.

russell1600

Likes Bikes
Crap, just read this. As mentioned so many times already, he truly is an inspiration and a gentleman. I'm only new to racing and can't believe what a gentleman he is on the track as he blasts past. He is a machine and must get well to hit the trails again. The sport of MTBing needs him.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get better soon mate. Can't see it slowing him down for too long.

When I was little, I was scared of the dark.
When Gordo was little, the dark was scared of him. :D

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Get better soon mate. Can't see it slowing him down for too long.

When I was little, I was scared of the dark.
When Gordo was little, the dark was scared of him. :D
Man , Gordo is so quick that when he goes to bed and turns out the light, he is in bed before it gets dark!:p

0psi

Eats Squid
Some say that he is the only person to have ever beaten Chuck Norris in a game of paper, scissors, rock and that even Christopher Walken is scared of him.