NSW Sold

safreek

ITEM: sage spokes, green
PRICE: tell me, I have no idea
CONDITIONS : due to their reputation I want to have a few spare in case the dreaded happens. No rush, hit me whenever

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Years ago I had some crank brothers wheels and was equally worried the spoke might fail and be hard to replace. I contacted crank brothers directly and at the time, they were nice enough to loop in Jet Black here in Australia and organise for two spare spokes and 2 spare nipples to be posted to me free of charge.

Not if they would still do that but work contacting them to at least see what the best way to source spares is. I’m not sure if Jet Black are still the Aus Distro or not...

safreek

Years ago I had some crank brothers wheels and was equally worried the spoke might fail and be hard to replace. I contacted crank brothers directly and at the time, they were nice enough to loop in Jet Black here in Australia and organise for two spare spokes and 2 spare nipples to be posted to me free of charge.

Not if they would still do that but work contacting them to at least see what the best way to source spares is. I’m not sure if Jet Black are still the Aus Distro or not...
Just curious man, how did the wheels hold up. Read a lot of bad reviews but they seem to feel pretty sturdy. Giving them a test tomorrow

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Just curious man, how did the wheels hold up. Read a lot of bad reviews but they seem to feel pretty sturdy. Giving them a test tomorrow
He offloaded them when they started to get a wobble. Been going fine on my daughter's bike, but she's 45kg kitted up so there's half a chance they might keep going till she hits 50kg

Look up shreddin's folded front. They're softer than a Stan's crest, and crests are made out of warm camembert...

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
He offloaded them when they started to get a wobble. Been going fine on my daughter's bike, but she's 45kg kitted up so there's half a chance they might keep going till she hits 50kg

Look up shreddin's folded front. They're softer than a Stan's crest, and crests are made out of warm camembert...

This is true but they are the XC wheels (cobalt) and they did me pretty well for a few years before passing them on. I rode mostly at xc style trails in those days but they did do the bike Buller festival back in around 2014 when it was mostly XX with some gravity on one day and all those gnarly alpine rocks.

Anyway, I thought they were ok and the support I got from CB was good. Free spare spokes and free replacement pawl springs when they were needed.

So glad there are still getting use

safreek

Well that's cool, 45 kg per wheel should almost do it. To be honest they are just going to be on a cross country/ DH show pony. one day I'll hit some proper tracks with it. I regard my bike and parts collection as a museum of the days before mtb became boring and bland.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Well that's cool, 45 kg per wheel should almost do it. To be honest they are just going to be on a cross country/ DH show pony. one day I'll hit some proper tracks with it. I regard my bike and parts collection as a museum of the days before mtb became boring and bland.
Yaw maths is wrong. It's 45kg per set, so 22.5kg per wheel.......

safreek

Shhhhhhh

I'm starting to think instead of investing in advice for him, we should invest in a gopro for him

Rotorburn crowd funding. Sounds good to me. I still think they will be fine.
Remember when people said the Manitou stance were no good, well whose laughing now ;)

safreek

*Who’s

Me, for one.
Nar, if auto-correct says whose, well whose it is. You fellas need to understand computer talk not the queens English, I don't stand for that guff myself.
Bugger me Moorey, never picked you for a royalist