NSW Sold

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Damn, that sucks. That concerns me more than the possibility of them folding, I am the same and would chase a fix that may be substandard. I may have to rethink actually using them. Did you do any major prang to break a spoke or just a stick through them
No prang nor stick. Just cornering at Coomealla. Basically, there are so few spokes that if just one backs off then it loads up the others, knocks the tension out and allows the rim to twist just a little...and it's all down hill from there. Fortunately, the landscape of Sunraysia wasn't robust enough to fold them but now that I'm on sandstone...nope.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That basic design was the same as my trials bike rear wheel. Central rib with J spoke ends, straight pull from the hub joined midway to the rim. Rim had a single hole for the valve (and rimlocks) and nothing else, could run that down to 3psi and did without any failures. Bit more robust no doubt...

safreek

No prang nor stick. Just cornering at Coomealla. Basically, there are so few spokes that if just one backs off then it loads up the others, knocks the tension out and allows the rim to twist just a little...and it's all down hill from there. Fortunately, the landscape of Sunraysia wasn't robust enough to fold them but now that I'm on sandstone...nope.
thanks for that, so the rim Is not able to be straight after that. That does sound problematic for me. May use them as wheels for the bike I have for sale.
That basic design was the same as my trials bike rear wheel. Central rib with J spoke ends, straight pull from the hub joined midway to the rim. Rim had a single hole for the valve (and rimlocks) and nothing else, could run that down to 3psi and did without any failures. Bit more robust no doubt...
The rear wheel that I have has had a solid whack and given it a decent dent and is still running straight, any other rim that I have flat spotted had to be trued. To be honest I think the problem seems to be side loading stress and not the ability to take a proper whack. Ol shredden seemed to have that problem as well.
I find it sad that people criticize something they have never had. Seems very wheelaphobic, who knows what else they are phobic about.
It's bloody sad people need to criticize anything that I buy whilst I just let them do their own thing without comment.
They can all get rooted because I'm getting a yeti 303 on the weekend. I guess I'm a fuckwit in some way for buying that as well.
Let the bagging start
Oh, and Dale, I am not talking about you, you talk sense a lot if the time

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
thanks for that, so the rim Is not able to be straight after that. That does sound problematic for me. May use them as wheels for the bike I have for sale.
Oh the rim is straight enough but the wheelbuilder couldn't get the lateral stiffness back to the same level and consistency of a traditional wheel and there is the odd flat spot. They're OK but other wheelsets I have are better...and noone is going to buy them off me! So they can go on the casual gravel roadie thing...

moorey

call me Mia

The rear wheel that I have has had a solid whack and given it a decent dent and is still running straight, any other rim that I have flat spotted had to be trued. To be honest I think the problem seems to be side loading stress and not the ability to take a proper whack. Ol shredden seemed to have that problem as well.
I find it sad that people criticize something they have never had. Seems very wheelaphobic, who knows what else they are phobic about.
It's bloody sad people need to criticize anything that I buy whilst I just let them do their own thing without comment.
They can all get rooted because I'm getting a yeti 303 on the weekend. I guess I'm a fuckwit in some way for buying that as well.
Let the bagging start
I think you need a hug.
And a welder for that Yeti.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Lol

Should have known he wasn't talking at me, I can add "super quick on the uptake" to the list of things no one calls me

...kinda used to being the only dale, how many of us can there possibly be anyway?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
one

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Let the bagging start
Buying a Yeti 303 because people said nasty things about you is a bit like punching yourself in the face.

I hope you like meticulous cleaning after each ride.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Buying a Yeti 303 because people said nasty things about you is a bit like punching yourself in the face.

You’re mistaken. He’s buying it because we say nasty things about Yeti’s.
Actually...

safreek

I'll be honest, I just need a different bike hit.
Been waiting for about 3 weeks or so for the prophet to be posted. Starting to think I have been dudded. :mad: