NSW Sold

safreek

Not as soft as crank bros wheels tho

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
Probably the 5 tonnes of v10 , pretty amusing though.
I'm surprised you fellas don't remember the days of taking roadies into the bush. When next in SA I will photo some of the downhill we used to do as kids on roadies. Buckled wheels but not taco, maybe I'm smoother than I realized.
Back in those days it wasn't called downhill it was just called "fark, why did I try this "

safreek

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying cb wheels are good, I have no experience with them. I just think they look good.
To be honest the largest I have ever gone jump wise would be under 4 foot so even xc wheels should be good.

moorey

call me Mia
Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying cb wheels are good, I have no experience with them. I just think they look good.
To be honest the largest I have ever gone jump wise would be under 4 foot so even xc wheels should be good.
Don’t forget the GoPro, FFS.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
ITEM: sage spokes, green
Whilst I don't have any...I do have a Cobalt wheelset. The only part of the spoke that I have broken is not the anodised aluminium section but the short steel section...which can be replaced with a shortened straight pull spoke and a spoke washer.

The other thing worth noting is that because of the way these things were made (and this goes for most low spoke count wheels in my experience)...once one spoke goes, they are basically decorative because there's not much redundancy (part of the reason why Shredden's wheel collapsed). I spent a hundred and fifty on mine getting them sorted by XLR8 Wheels at Lennox Head after one of the spokes failed (replaced all the short sections on the drive side) but they never got back to the same lateral stiffness in cornering due to the twist/wobble put in the rim whilst riding it busted. They've been retired for a while but I may put them on the DirtRoadie for a giggle...they'll be fine for that.

safreek

Whilst I don't have any...I do have a Cobalt wheelset. The only part of the spoke that I have broken is not the anodised aluminium section but the short steel section...which can be replaced with a shortened straight pull spoke and a spoke washer.

The other thing worth noting is that because of the way these things were made (and this goes for most low spoke count wheels in my experience)...once one spoke goes, they are basically decorative because there's not much redundancy (part of the reason why Shredden's wheel collapsed). I spent a hundred and fifty on mine getting them sorted by XLR8 Wheels at Lennox Head after one of the spokes failed (replaced all the short sections on the drive side) but they never got back to the same lateral stiffness in cornering due to the twist/wobble put in the rim whilst riding it busted. They've been retired for a while but I may put them on the DirtRoadie for a giggle...they'll be fine for that.
Damn, that sucks. That concerns me more than the possibility of them folding, I am the same and would chase a fix that may be substandard. I may have to rethink actually using them. Did you do any major prang to break a spoke or just a stick through them

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a set of the gold ones on the bike I built for a (no longer) special lady quite a while ago. They look great and performed their job well...riding to cafes and other recreational pursuits around town. Once I had to borrow the bike for a day of off road guiding. I didn't feel I could trust it at all.