Crash Pics Thread

OIL

Likes Dirt

Not sure if any of you have seen this girl from the UK - tough as nails. Came off her bike on a log crossing late last year and did this, she's already back on the bike and grabbed a few QOM's last week.. Nasty fall - she even posted the GoPro vid of it happening...!

diggerz

Likes Dirt

Not sure if any of you have seen this girl from the UK - tough as nails. Came off her bike on a log crossing late last year and did this, she's already back on the bike and grabbed a few QOM's last week.. Nasty fall - she even posted the GoPro vid of it happening...!
I want to vomit.

Norco Maniac

Is back!

From my crash at State Titles in February. I was in full race gear with elbow pads, broke two metacarpals, two lacerations in my liver, lacerated adrenal and of course the associated bruises. Pins in my hand came out four 1/2 weeks later but I of course got Staph. Four months later I still don't have much use of that hand but at least I'm (tentatively) back on the bikes

MelbRod

Likes Dirt
Nice pins. I've never seen the balls on the end like that.

Any damage on the elbows apart from the bruising? I probably worry about them more than anything. I'm thinking I should get some pads for my son and me.

From my crash at State Titles in February. I was in full race gear with elbow pads, broke two metacarpals, two lacerations in my liver, lacerated adrenal and of course the associated bruises. Pins in my hand came out four 1/2 weeks later but I of course got Staph. Four months later I still don't have much use of that hand but at least I'm (tentatively) back on the bikes

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Nice pins. I've never seen the balls on the end like that.

Any damage on the elbows apart from the bruising? I probably worry about them more than anything. I'm thinking I should get some pads for my son and me.
the pins are called K-wires, meant to be a temporary stabilisation of the broken bones. i'd broken the heads of the two metacarpals.

elbows were fine, i was wearing elbow pads as i always do, i'm a bit paranoid! did chip an elbow bone in a fall down my steep driveway a few years back tho.

holy geez, so what happened?
got to the finals at State Titles (bmx) this year in a mixed cruiser class of 17+ through to me at 49. a rider 15 years younger than me had been trying to take me out all day and in the practice meet a few days earlier. she tried to t-bone me in the first corner and ended up throwing herself off the bike backwards and landing between two sets of doubles as i came over the back of the first set airborne. had to twist the front wheel to miss landing on her face, almost landed it but went down. the hand took the brunt of the impact and the bike came with me because i was still clipped in. over the bars, bars in the liver, was very badly winded too. three days in hospital on a catheter drugged to the eyeballs and also dealing with histamine reaction to Fentanyl while they waited for my liver to hemorrage, (it didn't, thankfully) ten weeks off the bike between the bruising, the casts and not being able to grip.

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
Damn it, always have the same reaction looking at this thread. The photo of the girl with the broken foot. Wow, made me feel unwell :hand:. The second one with the pins, wow. Hope your better.

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
So Norco Maniac - whats the deal with a rider teeing you up all weekend for the takeout? Was it some kind of revenge move or weren't they loved enough gowing up? Whats the story and did you say anything tot he rider post incident?

OIL

Likes Dirt
Damn it, always have the same reaction looking at this thread. The photo of the girl with the broken foot. Wow, made me feel unwell :hand:. The second one with the pins, wow. Hope your better.
Hehe - I hear ya. All I can say is that in most cases there's light at the end of the tunnel. The girl with the foot is riding again and posting great pics on Instagram. :)

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Nothing major, but here's a bit of the result a couple of days after some night ride fun and games (no need for everyone to sample breakfast again with pics of my lower regions). I'll have to get a hold of the end of ride pics off my mates, looked far more gnarly with dirt and blood attached! Came off pretty lightly considering I did an over the bars at about 40kph on a downhill fire trail, destroying the helmet and jersey in the process.

Photo0047_zps21ab8bcd.jpg

Last edited: