Crash Pics Thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not on the bike, but I'm filling in a few minutes waiting for a tradesman and a client all at the same time.

The launch:

Screenshot_2015-02-18-16-32-30.jpg

He landing:

Screenshot_2015-02-18-16-32-48.jpg

Luckily on the way down I clipped a rock with my shoulder and flipped out of the landing on my head...all obscured by a cloud of powder.

nsr077

Likes Dirt
That looked really quite smooth until your hand came of the bars. I like how you dropped the rear before landing, looks stylish

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Not on the bike, but I'm filling in a few minutes waiting for a tradesman and a client all at the same time.

The launch:

View attachment 308423

He landing:

View attachment 308424

Luckily on the way down I clipped a rock with my shoulder and flipped out of the landing on my head...all obscured by a cloud of powder.
That's not a crash. That's in snow. That's like falling on a pillow and claiming you crashed.... :heh:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's not a crash. That's in snow. That's like falling on a pillow and claiming you crashed.... :heh:
Not always, though I was plenty lucky on that one. I only hit 1 rock at the top.

When I get a pic of the hooked that witnessed my recent crash, do I post it here? Here life is a bit of a wreck (I'm assuming).

DownhillLife

Likes Bikes
My first time trying to hit a 12 footer at Corri track. Had to much speed (probably 30-40km's) landed on a bit of flat at the foot of the jump, then the suspension pushed the bars back directly into my face broke my nose and a few stitches. (I look so young because I am 14...) IMG_0004.jpg

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Can I have a professional farkin diagnosis on this? Off side of benched on trail. Bike feel under me and all weight landed on knee, this was Saturday mid day. Still can't move or bend my leg more than maybe 10 degrees in any which direction, pain killers aren't doing shit. Have been to the ER and they're saying maybe ligament damage, gotta get referral for mri tomorrow. Looks like it's twisted, and that's how it sits naturally now. Think I might have done goofed up this one.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
No breaks but got told if still hurts in two days get MRI, it's 3 days later and still can't walk. Results on Friday so we'll see.

Sic

Likes Dirt
No breaks but got told if still hurts in two days get MRI, it's 3 days later and still can't walk. Results on Friday so we'll see.
I smashed my knee into a rock after a small off about 2 years ago, jumped back on the bike finished the ride didn't think much of it. Woke up in the morning and was in a fair amount of pain and couldnt bend my knee much same as you, plus it was rather swollen. After about a week of it getting marginally better but not fixed I went to the quacks, he referred me for an MRI and $300 and a week later they found sweet FA.

Basically they said there may have been a small tear in the meniscus but it wasn't worth doing surgery on, so the impact had just done heaps of soft tissue damage to the knee cap and surrounding area.

Took about a month and a half before my leg worked properly, funnily enough riding was easier than walking for most of that time but medically there was nothing that worked, it just took time. Could be a similar thing.....