Crash Pics Thread

About a month ago. OTB at speed on a fire trail locked bars with the misso as she went to pass. Lucky she just got a bit of gravel rash. Broken collar bone for me. Bugger! Uploaded from iPhone hope the photos work / aren't to big.

Attachments

stewyh

Likes Dirt
You might need to clean that out with a brush and pour some dettol on it afterwards, looking a little pusy.
Yeah there was lots of pus pushing its way out. It was looking quite poorly couple days ago. Ended up cutting the dead skin away with a stanley knife, tearing the whole scab off & Realized i had no disinfectant. Couple capfuls of paint thinner on it and a makeshift bandage of old t shirt to prevent sticking to bedsheets. Healing like a champ now. Actually Probably belongs in the fuck wit thread, this.

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Paint thinner aye.
Ha, yeah. Learned from the bad old days working in workshops where first aid kits were considered a luxury item for the bourgeois. It hurts like hell and too much will make you all spazzy temporarily but it cleans the wound and dries it. Nevertheless I'm restocking my first aid kit post haste!

hairy1

Likes Bikes
Don't know what happened, but bike abruptly stopped on landing a small drop-off on to a gravel road, used face as brake instead of brakes. 4 smashed teeth, operation for broken hand & mangled face. Learning how to chew with my tongue. No brain injury=great outcome.
IMG_20160301_192646_01.jpg
DSC_0167.jpg
DSC_000001.JPG

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Chicks dig scars you will be drowning in pussy in no time......

Is bike ok?
Top tube looks bent, down tube looks wrinkled just below the gusset, looks like the head tube took a 3 degree haircut?

And holy fuck that's a serious crash.

slowmick

38-39"
Don't know what happened, but bike abruptly stopped on landing a small drop-off on to a gravel road, used face as brake instead of brakes. 4 smashed teeth, operation for broken hand & mangled face. Learning how to chew with my tongue. No brain injury=great outcome.
whatever did happen was big and happened quickly. good work on on coming out f it without a brain injury. hope you heal up quickly and completely. have fun looking for a new bike - or at least a frame.

Diet of ice cream and soup for you?

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Jeezus christ! Stuff like that makes me wanna wear a full face helmet just riding to the shops. Hope you're well & back in action soon!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Shit dude - hope your teeth aren't as bad as mine.

Over ten years ago (aside from breaking my elbow "as bad as it gets") I slammed my chin on the ground & fractured *all* of my molars as my jaw crunched together. All of them.

Heal fast!