Crazy 6 Two Thousand and Twelve

sossy

Saucier
Just to clarify.... does this apply to mixed pairs?
"In a team, to be eligible for series points or podium placings, each member of the team must complete no less than the average number of laps for the team – 1. (Laps / team members – 1 lap) (ie: a team of 3 completes 9 laps, 3 laps is the average number of laps for each rider, all members must have completed a minimum of 2 laps to be eligible)"
For example.... 13 laps were completed, the average then being 6.5 laps which means each person had to at least do 5 laps (rounding down as an extreme example) for to be counted in the series points. Just want to clarify as some people go lap for lap while others the men do doubles (or triples) and the women do singles. This was discussed last year and I just want to know what the rules are and what will be enforced this year. Not having a dig at anyone.
Apologies to all - this rule was in a draft rules document and should not have made it to the website. The rule that stands is:
In a 2 person team, the minimum number of laps for each rider must be 1/3 of the teams total laps.

This has since been rectified on the vicenduroseries website, and a notice of this change will appear on the front page of the website.

The reason we have not gone with the other rule, is that it becomes overly complicated and does not allow for injury. The 1/3 rule is a simple process. After discussion with our series points tabulator, other series around the country use this rule and round down for ease of use.

I hope this clarifies any confusion.

jt_vic

Likes Bikes
Just want to send a big thanks to everyone that was involved in my rescue. Spewin' to have missed most of the race.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
gr8 news

Just want to send a big thanks to everyone that was involved in my rescue. Spewin' to have missed most of the race.
Was great to see you back at Presso's after the race and thanks for letting us all know that you are OK.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Apologies to all - this rule was in a draft rules document and should not have made it to the website. The rule that stands is:
In a 2 person team, the minimum number of laps for each rider must be 1/3 of the teams total laps.

This has since been rectified on the vicenduroseries website, and a notice of this change will appear on the front page of the website.

The reason we have not gone with the other rule, is that it becomes overly complicated and does not allow for injury. The 1/3 rule is a simple process. After discussion with our series points tabulator, other series around the country use this rule and round down for ease of use.

I hope this clarifies any confusion.
Thanks. Clarified :) Although we wont be doing the 1/3 thing as (in my opinion) its not very sportsman/woman like. Plus I like riding :) Wanted to know the rules though, so thanks. Just hope most wont go the 1/3 thing and force us into it just to be competitive. Would wreck the fun of mixed pairs.

jt_vic

Likes Bikes
Care to share? Was it you who crashed on the third big jump on lap 2? Are you broken?
Yeah, that was me; got out of shape on the first jump and never regained control. No broken bones, but alot of broken skin and stitches next to my eye. Still feeling pretty ordinary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD