crazy or not? stair gap we got lined up!

G

this is a MS paint pic of a stair gap we got lined up. i have only ever done traditional stair gaps with 2 flights i was wondering if any one has hit up sumthing like this? the hight and length of the distance i wanna jump is no probs just the fact that the speed i will need to clear the gap mite send me scortching off the next flight which is a bit nuts 4 the moment.
wot do yas rekon?

oh and be 4 yous say any thing its way too far for me to make it to the bottom flight.

Rik

logged out
I've got a feeling you'll land the first set, and not have enough time to prepare for the 2nd set, and either nosedive it or land to flat or some other horrid ending.
That said, nothing wrong with trying, but make sure you GET PICS! (or even better, videos)

Adi

It's my birthday!
Yeah, try not to do what Meunier did in JIB :shock:

Make sure you get it on video or pics @ least :D

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recon he could make it. You dont need much speed to clear a set of stairs. I did my first set yesterday. I only jumped like the tow 2 or 3 stairs with my back tire but i wanted to know what landing on stairs felt like. I was going slow so i recon i could eaisly have cleared the whole set and kept my spped up for another set. I say go for it but you cant sue me if you hurt your self ;) But yeah i recon it's doable.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon its do-able, ive got a 6 pack lined up down here at fed sqaure that id like to hit one day....

mr whippy

Likes Dirt
how wide is your landing area? is it 50ft wide, or 6ft with steel railings either side of you. i'm very alot more scared of railings than stairs.

p.s. has anyone ever done the set near the medicare office in collins street, melbourne? that set is stupid. :shock: :shock:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
doable, but very little margin for error. hope your a bloody good rider!
has anyone seen the 24 bike ride vid? tristain does a set kinda like that and get launched off his bike on the second set and goes tumbling down the stairs

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
DropinAdin said:
Yeah, try not to do what Meunier did in JIB :shock:

Make sure you get it on video or pics @ least :D
Umm yeah that was a nasty stair gap. Are there any rails along the stairs, like the ones featured in that famous crash in JIB?

HeftyKona

Likes Bikes
What kind of set-up have you got on you Stinky? You'll need some plush travel to launch the bottom set aswell, the compression your gunna get doing the first one might slow you down to much for the second.....but still, you dont know untill you've tried it...HIT IT!!!

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
u could make that. you would be better off landing on a set of stairs anyways. its better for the bike. just make sure u have the right tire pressure. i jumped down 20 stairs on my old norco rampage. landed on the 16th stair and didnt crash or fuck up my bike. if ya looking for a set of stairs this big its at Wagga High in the main ampitheatre

G

k the stairs have rails and is about 6 feet wide.
got 03 stinky with 01 monsters D321 front and f 219 rear. tubless front and DH tube rear.
and YES will definetly have video cameras and all 2 of em tripods aand shooter and photographer. won't miss it if i end up hittin it.

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
why u thinking bout it??? usually i find sumthin and just give it a go...if ya crahs ya crash! the pain will just remind u that u are human :p

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds like you've thought it thru. if you feel in any way unsure, go and have a second look. have a think about how to bail if it all goes ass up, then make sure someone has a cell phone in case it does.
other than that, just try and float/race jump the rest after the gap. if you can keep it down low, you should be fine.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shmity said:
I reckon its do-able, ive got a 6 pack lined up down here at fed sqaure that id like to hit one day....
isn't there a good sixpack of stairs at colonial stadium? i mean telstra dome or whatever...

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think its closer to a 10 pack at telstra gnome. The gap for them is alot bigger than out the back of fed sqaure too.