CRC issue

tre0001

Likes Dirt
Ok was about to place my order when i saw this thread.... from what ive gathered people are still having problems with their credit cards. I noticed there is a direct deposit method of payment and to my knowledge this should the most secure way to buy behind if paypal is not an option, so is bank deposit a new option they have brought in because of everyone's issue or is the option to transfer the funds directly via bank account still risky?

thanks.

CresoDH

Likes Dirt
card canceled

My card was compromised also bank caught it thank god. didnt say why but have since used new one at crc with no problem,if u do every thing right the bank is liable any way

Exie

Likes Dirt
I purchased about 2 weeks ago and had no trouble. I went to use direct-deposit, but found international money transfers expensive, so I went paypal in then end.

Goods arrived within a week, all happy.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Just this morning my XT cranks and SRAM cassette arrived.

Dispatched on the 6th of April. Seems OK to me.
I have never had a problem. Years of orders - 100% success.

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
My card was compromised also bank caught it thank god. didnt say why but have since used new one at crc with no problem,if u do every thing right the bank is liable any way
Bank sent me new card saying that somewhere I used it 'had their database compromised'...dunno if it was CRC...all sweet though...

axie

Likes Bikes
I got hit as well. Citibank called to tell me that my card has been compromised and cancelled / replaced. I can't access the account, so I have no idea how much damage was done. Fortunately we haven't used the card in 6+ months, so it should be relatively simple to sort out.

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
I used my Credit card at CRC during the time and thought i had been one of the lucky ones.

But got a rude shock when i couldnt pay for my petrol this morning....

I got done for $700(on a $1000 limit card) got like a farking million over drawing fees too!!!!

FAARRRRRRRRK.

Going to ring the commonwealth bank tommorow and try and sort it out.... way to drunk to have a logical talk with them now...

EDIT----

Card Cancelled and the bank is investigating the fraud. Should be sweet

Last edited:

NetBiker

Likes Bikes
I didnt get a false purchase but the bank said I have to take a replacement card otherwise I would be liable for all costs-fair enough. They also said that fraud can happen up to 2 yrs after the compromise so thats why they think its better to be safe then sorry.

I know that the banks protect you from this sort of thing but its friggin annoying, just like viruses on your computer why do people deliberatly go out of there way to make things harder for everyone!

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine was done for $900 on some German shopping website and then again for some cheap flights in Europe.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Just had my card compromised to the tune of $150 to paypal and some dodgy EU site. Rang the bank and got the card cancelled and have a new one on the way. The $150 is still in process so I have to wait for the funds to clear out of my account before the bank can get it back. Mentioned that I had purchased from CRC recently, the guy I spoke to hadn't heard of the CRC issue, but noted it on my case.

Last edited:

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Got all my money back from the bank recently. Also contacted CRC, and while the took some time to get back to me, they did give me a code to use for 30 pound (i think it was 30) off my next order.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That'd be right, thought that maybe this had gone away and was possibly doing an order soon (meant to a week ago)...

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put in an order about a week ago, and nothing has gone from my bank account so far and I paid with PayPal so I am not worried at all.

Joel_32

Likes Dirt
I put in an order last Tuesday night, paid with paypal, was processed 2 days later and the items arrived within a week, no hassles.
Kept a close eye on bank accounts and all appears to have gone smoothly.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
That'd be right, thought that maybe this had gone away and was possibly doing an order soon (meant to a week ago)...
I did about 3 orders around February/March this year and its only affecting me now. They've probably sorted it out in the meantime, its just that the hackers still have everyone's details from a few months ago and are still going through trying to take money.

BB1

Likes Dirt
Not me as I have just finished my build with my LBS (and no hassles there... might have paid a bit more but it's worth it!) but a good friend of mine has had his order stuck in Russia for the better part of a month, not unlike the original post. I'd say CRC's shipping company is having a problem - he's not happy, he needs the parts for his new build. Never had a problem with CRC before, but we'll be a lot more circumspect given a) the credit card issues and b) the delivery issues. Pity.