Daft Punk

Rik

logged out
Are coming to Australia.
Hype hype hype, blah blah blah... a couple of dudes wearing robot suits in a spaceship playing naff house music. Hey I'll see them for curiosities sake, but still.

Before you go nuts about them touring, here's some education:

Watch this

And a few more:
Breakwater - "Release The Beast"
used in "Robot Rock"
Edwin Birdsong -"Cola Bottle Baby"
used in "Harder Better Faster Stronger"
The Imperials - "Can You Imagine"
used in "Crescendolls"
Eddie Johns - "More Spell On You"
used in "One More Time"
George Duke - "I Love You More"
used in "Digital Love"
Oliver Cheatham - "Get Down Saturday Night"
used in "Voyager"
Tata Vega - "Get It Up For Love"
used in "Da Funk" (Ten Minutes of Funk Mix)
Jerry Goldsmith - "The Rec Room"
used in "Around The World"
Karen Young - "Hot Shot"
used in "Indo Silver Club"
Barry Manilow - "Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed"
used in "Superheroes"
Sister Sledge - "Il Macquillage Lady"
used in "Aerodynamic"
ELO - "Evil Woman"
used in "Face to Face"
Cerrone - "Supernature" (Original 14min Mix)
used in "Verdis Quo"

I love sampling, especially when done well (DJ shadow:cool: ) and you could debate that them working the chunks of music like they have is creative in that they can do it well, but it is a little bit cheap isn't it?

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Definately one of the more interesting outfits of the type.

I'd quite like to go see 'em but the budget won't stretch after paying for Motorhead.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
never realised how much of their stuff was sampled from other artists. i still quite like their stuff, its a bit different and they're certainly a quirky group. i'll definitely look into getting a ticket for the brisbane show - apparently the show has gone down superbly overseas...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Always had a place on my iTunes for the old Dafties. Especially Aerodynamic, such a funky bass line!

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I'll be in the Daintree around then, but i'm seriously considering driving down to Brissy for the December 20 show. Leitch - i'm lookin' in your direction for acommo's..;)

Daft Punk with The Presets should be amazing. Love their work.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
I'm so excited. Plus I can buy tickets before 99% of the public, so I'm going for sure. Woooooooooo!

Presets and Muscles are playing too, so it's going to be 400 awesomes.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm so excited. Plus I can buy tickets before 99% of the public, so I'm going for sure. Woooooooooo!

Presets and Muscles are playing too, so it's going to be 400 awesomes.
Presets, Muscles and Bang Gang if I'm not mistaken, I'll be there to see daft punk for sure!

I don't really care who they sample for what tracks, the fact is it goes on all the time, especially if your profession is that of a DJ, your practically making a living out of playing other peoples music. All I care about is how well they pick their tracks and how they can manipulate the crowd. Its going to be an insane night.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
pfft, midnight juggernauts was the radness :p

though this should be pretty damn spectacular. i'll pass judgement when i go see em:D

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
If it's not $100+ I'll be surprised.

Rik - that's mean. "Are you the one" is going to go off.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quite fond of the Daft. Used to dance around the house listening to a 2 hour live set....and I'm being serious :)
Don't care how much sampling they do, probably because I'm not aware or partial of the songs where the samples have come from I guess.

I however don't like the fact that some sell out hip hop (if you can even call it that) artist by the name of Kanye West has taken a massive amount of 'hard, better, faster, stronger'

Also absolutely love music sounds better with you by stardust.

Gotta love frenchies in robot suits.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
I'm expecting it to be like the Chemical Brothers for me. Yeah they have some alright songs, but I don't go out of my way to listen to them. I was, however, VERY excited to see them - you just know it's going to be good.

I hardly danced, mainly stood there in awe, experiencing absolute masters at work.

I like my Daft, but I think the live show is going to be better than the studio work.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heard eaerlier this morning that Daft along with some others (Kut Kopy) were playing at The Family..Fact or Fiction?

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love sampling, especially when done well (DJ shadow:cool: ) and you could debate that them working the chunks of music like they have is creative in that they can do it well, but it is a little bit cheap isn't it?
Cheap probably depends on what royalties are involved ;)

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Got tickets already, but wasn't the early avenue I thought it was going to be, passworded pre-sale. Awesome.

$130. Not cheap.

Family will be insane, doubt they will play there, but I'll be staying very far away if they do. Will be a stinky sardine can.