Dark Knight

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw it today, and oh my sweet feet, it is the greatest action film going around. Heath played a phenomenal baddy as The Joker, Aaron Eckhart was amazing as Dent/2Face......everything was brilliant! If you haven't seen it, do it now, you will not regret it.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Saw it last night, was amazing.

However, about Harvey Dent.

When he fell over on his chair, i recall him falling to the left of screen, facing our way.
That would mean his right side would be in the flammable substance in the barrel's that was spilt over the floor.
But, his left side goes up in flame's when exposed to the flame's.

Correct me, i must be wrong because it would be funny if they made such a simple mistake.

Saw it last night, was amazing.

However, about Harvey Dent.

When he fell over on his chair, i recall him falling to the left of screen, facing our way.
That would mean his right side would be in the flammable substance in the barrel's that was spilt over the floor.
But, his left side goes up in flame's when exposed to the flame's.

Correct me, i must be wrong because it would be funny if they made such a simple mistake.
No the left side of his face was exposed to the gasoline as it's trickling out.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
He fell to his left, our right of screen

Saw it yesterday, and was pretty impressed. It lived up to the hype and reviews people have given it. The Joker was pretty good, and I didn't have the nagging "he's dead now" voice playing in the back of my mind. "Why so serious?" and the stories he told were done so well.

To be honest, I was surprised it only passed with an M rating. Small children going to see it will be disturbed. Did anyone have any experience with that? Me and my mates were only there with some seniors in an empty cinema.

Oh yeah- I'm still hoping for a return of Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy and The Riddler.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
To be honest, I was surprised it only passed with an M rating. Small children going to see it will be disturbed. Did anyone have any experience with that?
Like I (think I) said earlier, I took my 7 1/2-year-old son, and I really wish I hadn't. Much too full-on for a little kid.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Ah yes, just watched the trailer and it showed him falling to the right of screen, facing us.

My mistake;)

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, the missus brought this up last night and I couldn't figure it out.

When the chick and the other dude were each trapped in a seperate building tied to chairs and with fuel and detonators and shit, Batman was leaving and they yelled out "Which one are you going to save?". His reply was "Her!". But he went for him, and so did they (because he said he was going for her). Now he went for him because he was the better person and all, but why didn't he just say he was going for him so the other plebs would go save her?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
OK, the missus brought this up last night and I couldn't figure it out.

When the chick and the other dude were each trapped in a seperate building tied to chairs and with fuel and detonators and shit, Batman was leaving and they yelled out "Which one are you going to save?". His reply was "Her!". But he went for him, and so did they (because he said he was going for her). Now he went for him because he was the better person and all, but why didn't he just say he was going for him so the other plebs would go save her?
Batman thought he was going to save Rachel, but he ended up where Harvey was instead. Because Joker lied to mess with their heads.

Z100

Likes Bikes
Batman thought he was going to save Rachel, but he ended up where Harvey was instead. Because Joker lied to mess with their heads.
Thats what i found most amazing about the movie, the fact that the Joker was so cunning. He came across as so random and such a loose cannon. But in reality he was in control the whole time. Batman and the Joker are like the two sides of Harvey Dents coin.
On the topic of villans, I really hope the Riddler is the next one. He could really fit in with Nolans 'realistic' vision for the series. Plus the Batman vs. Gotham theme that this film has set up for the third would suit the character.
Please no Robin!

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I believe that for the third or maybe fourth sequel Harvey Dent will be back - having him left almost lifeless on the ground at the end of Dark Knight leads many to believe him to be dead, but I reckon he just ends up in a coma; you can't just give one of Batman's main enemies alot of screen as a goodie (with a fair amount of involvement in the plot and whatnot), and then 20 minutes as TwoFace. He'll be back.

Wiki said:
Although Anthony Michael Hall was rumored to be playing the Riddler, Hall is playing a reporter named Mike Engel. While doing press for The Dark Knight, Gary Oldman alluded that the Riddler could be the villain in the proposed third film. David Tennant has expressed an interest in the role.
God I hope not, too cheesy of a character; along with Freeze, The Penguin and Ivy - let's not spoil this with anything from the other (IMO) horrible Batman films.

Last edited:

Z100

Likes Bikes
God I hope not, too cheesy of a character; along with Freeze, The Penguin and Ivy - let's not spoil this with anything from the other (IMO) horrible Batman films.
The Riddler could be done really well, like the Joker, equally twisted. An obsession with Batman, just like the vigilante he stopped in the opening sequence, taunting Batman from a distance. I agree with the other characters, Arnie has ruined Mr. Freeze.
Bane would be my other choice, however the time to set up his back story might be a problem.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I believe that for the third or maybe fourth sequel Harvey Dent will be back - having him left almost lifeless on the ground at the end of Dark Knight leads many to believe him to be dead, but I reckon he just ends up in a coma; you can't just give one of Batman's main enemies alot of screen as a goodie (with a fair amount of involvement in the plot and whatnot), and then 20 minutes as TwoFace. He'll be back.
I hope so. After all, it's comics. Nobody stays dead permanently (except for Batman's parents). All he'll need is a dip in Ra's Al Ghul's Lazarus Pit and he'll be right as rain!

God I hope not, too cheesy of a character...
Not necessarily. Depends how he's approached.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope so. After all, it's comics. Nobody stays dead permanently (except for Batman's parents). All he'll need is a dip in Ra's Al Ghul's Lazarus Pit and he'll be right as rain!

Not necessarily. Depends how he's approached.
True, but there's also the fact that the Riddler is very similiar to the Joker, I always thought they were one in the same; with this in mind, I think the sequel will need something completely different, as to not confuse the audience.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
True, but there's also the fact that the Riddler is very similiar to the Joker, I always thought they were one in the same; with this in mind, I think the sequel will need something completely different, as to not confuse the audience.
Again, depends how they're played. The Riddler has always been played as more kooky and manic in the TV show and the movies than in the comics.

But I see your point about wanting something different for the next one. Maybe Catwoman? Lucius Fox did mention something about Batman's new armour being impervious to cats...