Delete.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i didn't get a letter or a pin :(

got lots of bacon and eggs while up there though, i still think thats a win for me :p

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
yeah i didn't get a pin or a letter either. Oh well i will take October26's advice and ask the captain when i next have training.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Well I actually came down from NSW so perhaps the letter and pins only came to us.

I would guess that its a rumour, paying vollies is a bit of a headache. Do you give someone who popped up to the station for 5 minutes to bring some supplies the same as a person who basically lived on a truck for 2 weeks?

I'm happy to be proven wrong and lets face it you guys deserve it for what you went through but I don't know if I'd be getting too excited yet.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
while i'm never one to say no to free money (ta very much kevin 07 :D ), i'd kinda see it as a bit unnecessary. in the end, we're volunteers, we did it because we wanted to help, not for a reward.

as far as i'm aware, there is compensation available for specific personal losses, but i havn't heard a thing about a blanket handout to anyone that pitched in. and to tell the truth, i'd be VERY uncomfortable receiving anything if the vols at the SES, salvos, lions club etc weren't getting anything. the fireys definately got the spotlight more but everyone else was working just as hard, if not harder, especially once the fires were under control.

allan_key

Likes Dirt
hi, bob_jane

This question should have been asked at your brigade if you are a memeber as there was a notice sent out about 2 and 1/2 months ago to all regions who deployed people on the ground.

I was very reluctant along with a lot of the two brigade i serve with to lodge claims as there are people who needed it alot more then us but having served for over 6weeks on the ground in kinglake west and st andrews often pulling 24 hour shifts back to back for lack of crews i my self had to lodge a claim due to not having worked for 8 weeks it which almost cause me to go bust.

I'm not quite sure if the payment is open still as its been a while since the notice and there have be cases of cfa memebers who where not active or involved in the fire at all claiming the money out of the goverment.

if you are interested in the details about claiming the possible money please P'm me as i do not wish to disclose this on open forum.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
payment is to pay for counceling services.

Coming from some one who lost family in the fires, i think it is bullshit.

The bloke at work, CFA volunteer claimed it, and bought some new shit for his car....

he was up there for a WHOLE 12 hours...

i think its worse that the police are also able to get this, who the same as the CFA voulnteers, have FREE counceling available to them 24/7.

I lost a close cousin, his finance, and her brother. dont see any pointless pay outs coming my to pay for counceling, which is avaible free of charge any way...

how can money help you get over trumor? (which is what the payments for...)

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
Now that i think about what sawtell has said, i really dont think that i deserve any money, as said before, we are volunteers. I apologise for the losses that you have had to edure and my selfishness.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
payment is to pay for counceling services.

Coming from some one who lost family in the fires, i think it is bullshit.

The bloke at work, CFA volunteer claimed it, and bought some new shit for his car....

he was up there for a WHOLE 12 hours...

i think its worse that the police are also able to get this, who the same as the CFA voulnteers, have FREE counceling available to them 24/7.

I lost a close cousin, his finance, and her brother. dont see any pointless pay outs coming my to pay for counceling, which is avaible free of charge any way...

how can money help you get over trumor? (which is what the payments for...)
i'm sorry for your losses, but i think you might have something mixed up here. as far as i was aware, any money available to CFA members was to cover personal losses while fighting fires (in particular the poor buggers who call those areas home who were working their asses off for weeks with little to no choice), not for counseling. as you've said, counseling services are available free to members and we are given more than ample opportunity to take advantage of it. i cant see ANY reason why additional money would be allocated for that while the CIS system is in full swing :confused:

and depending on which 12 hours you were up there for, that might have been the longest 12 hours of your life. unless he was laughing and bragging about how he scored some money for nothing out of the CFA, i'd be inclined to reserve judgement on him.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
i'm sorry for your losses, but i think you might have something mixed up here. as far as i was aware, any money available to CFA members was to cover personal losses while fighting fires (in particular the poor buggers who call those areas home who were working their asses off for weeks with little to no choice), not for counseling. as you've said, counseling services are available free to members and we are given more than ample opportunity to take advantage of it. i cant see ANY reason why additional money would be allocated for that while the CIS system is in full swing :confused:

and depending on which 12 hours you were up there for, that might have been the longest 12 hours of your life. unless he was laughing and bragging about how he scored some money for nothing out of the CFA, i'd be inclined to reserve judgement on him.
the orginal 1000, was for "conceling" whether or not this is the same thing.

tbh, if i was elgible for money, id go for it, free moneys free money, if no one takes it.. the goverment will just absorb it, and it will be gone.

i know i would be taking advantage of it, sorry about my post before, im kinda torn between to sides, one side is, only people who truly deserve it shoudl get it, the other bit is, if i was elgible, i would defintaly be going for it, even if i didnt truly deserve it!