Demo 9 or Yakuza

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
Hi,
just wondering if an 04 Demo 9 frame would be an upgrade over an 05 Yakuza Kumicho? I think it would be but it is a 4 year old frame which is my main concern. Your opinions please!

thanks,
Jarrad

samarki

Banned
how do you ride?

the demo would be great (i have one) but its also very heavy, and the yakuza would be lighter....but it all depends on what you do....but id go for the demo ;):p

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
Pretty smooth rider, not super fast, try to look better than go fast haha...
Mainly freeride, but occasional DH race and shuttle day. I like the single pivot but im looking for something a bit different... Was looking at a Glory but I dont like the feel of the rear suspension system, does the Demo feel like a Glory?

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 demo.
It has this design integrated into it so that it has a "static disc" thing. Don't know if its the actual name, but its purpose is to basically keep the rear rotor spinning at the same rate and angle when the suspension comes into play. Hard to describe without looking at it, but it is a really good design/function which the yakuza doesn't have. I think that there is a fair bit more technology gone into the demo 9 and for that reason alone I would sway towards that. I would arguably say that it is equally, if not more versatile than the yakuza.
on the other had go with your heart, and if you really like the yakuza for its own merrits, then go for that! I am 100% on the fence with the two of them. The only reason I would get the demo9 is that I think the design is slightly more intricate and it is much more of a hard core downhiller.

demo

i got a 07 demo 8... used to have a 06 one and they are known to crack.... like i did with mine and i think the 04 frame is similar. but apart from that.... demo is awsome bike, smooth, corners nice, and perfect for your freeride. not the lightest around though. i would definatly go with the demo.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I would check yakuza for frame cracks - i know of two yakuzas that both cracked in same spot (on flared part under rear shock and on back triangle)

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
I currently own the Yakuza and have had no troubles with it, I am just thinking of an upgrade. Love the Yakuza to bits, rides smooth, corners great, I just think a Demo would be a bit nicer:p