DH on north west coast?

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yo, i live in Melbourne but am a born and bred north west coaster and visit my family often, just wondering if there are any good DH/Freeride tracks in the north west anywhere between sorta Devonport and Smithton? I'm kinda based near Burnie so fairly central.. Be a stoke to ride in Tassie!!Cheers guys!

just did, cheers mate.have you ridden that paloona dh?
I did, and it was pretty good, not really my thing, but I think something like 90% of it has been logged just recently. Not sure, but there may be something still there worth checking out as a guy I know lives nearby and said that he has still seen a few car loads of DH bikes heading up.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Thanks man, appreciated. Bloody logging eh? It's becoming tassie's staple. Hope they save some bush for when i wanna come back and build a house and my own private network of trails!! Anyway, thanks again.. By the way is there much of a dh scene around burnie/devonport or more down south? how does that all work down there? Just interested.. Thanks again mate

is there much of a dh scene around burnie/devonport or more down south? how does that all work down there?
It seems to be mainly around the bigger towns. The Launceston and Hobart clubs run a state series which are pretty well attended (I think). As far as I know there aren't any "real" DH tracks in the areas you're asking about, but there are a few downhill tracks in the Dial Range which serve the purpose, being washed out, rutted, rocky, fast overgrown firetrails.

dunndog

Eats Squid
i saw some footage of some pretty good trails and shore stuff on youtube, think it was from the south though.. Man you could get into some beautiful places to build trails if there was enough support.

Rayner_DH

Likes Bikes
Hey mate, i live on north coast of tas, Palona is awesome, it has been logged but there is 3 tracks still good and the other one that was destrode is going to be rebuilt its steep with plenty of berms and couple drops and a big dam jump. Check out pedal bite there is a map on there with all the tracks in tasmania.

Tracks are every where......really good DH track well there's not to many paloona has to be the most ridden one around Devonport area but there are some good ones in the Bakers beach/Asbestos ranges area

we did have regular DH events on the Northwest but it fell through as the fella's doing the organising stopped and no one picked up the ball to keep it going

Down South

Hey i come from down south and as far as i know the DH communtiy is way bigger down here, we have the Lea, Tolosa with the Nationals Course and a few runs here there and everywhere!