DH Diamonback aint crap!...

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...well I dont think so. I got this bike last year and have spent a fair bit on it just trying to keep it up to scratch. Heres the spec. Tell us what you think(soon to be upgrads in red)

Frame- Diamondback xts
Forks-Marzocchi Drop off triple(Boxxer races 07)
Shock- Fox DHX5
Bars-Truvativ husselfelt(FUNN Fatboys)
Stem-Truvativ Husselfelt
Grips-Giant
Brakes-Hayes HFX9
Cranks-Truvativ husselfelt
Pedals-Mongoose(Somethin better)
Chain Guide- Da Bomb recoil
Shifter- Shimano XT
Derailur- Shimano saint
Cassette- Shimano 11-23
Chain-SRAM
Front Rim-Sun Ringle- Single track
Rear Rim- Da Bomb racing
Front Tyre- Maxxis Minion
Rear Tyre- Maxxis High Roller
Tubes-Maxxis Downhill

C&C welcome

Last edited:

DRIBS

Likes Dirt
I had one of these for my first dual suspension bikes. It was ok but it suffered from terrible suspension lockout under braking. It had quite a good spec list for a DH/Freeride rig of the time and cheap.

Calv

Likes Bikes
Does that shock seriously not hit that seat post?
I'm guessing it does, going by the nick on the top of the shock resevoir.

Nice ride mate, but you might want to look into cutting your seat post back a little to avoid it hitting your resevoir under compression.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they aint boxxers, and if the seat pole was hitting the shock i wouldnt be running it that way. its just got enough seat pole clearnce

cheers guys!

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they aint boxxers, and if the seat pole was hitting the shock i wouldnt be running it that way. its just got enough seat pole clearnce

cheers guys!
You sure its not hitting? I can see a chunk out of your reservoirs sticker in a place that would indicate that it is.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
possitive. i would have noticed the hitting sound and their would be a dint. i bought the shock with that peeling. also the linkage is pushing the shock forward and the seat is going down so it clears it

MTBalltheway

Likes Dirt
!

I'm guessing it does, going by the nick on the top of the shock resevoir.

Nice ride mate, but you might want to look into cutting your seat post back a little to avoid it hitting your resevoir under compression.
Yeah I agree, I was gonna point that out but you got theree first....

Naa, nice bike!

never actually seen a DH diamondback, anyways have fun riding it

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get the bars on thursday so i'll put some newer pics up when i get them (780mm)

next on the shopping list is some boxxers:)

Jimass

Eats Squid
I'd check it anyway.

Take your spring out of your shock, and compress it right the way through it's travel. (While in the bike of course)

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the seat post has been raised since the photo was take, and still didnt make a differnce except feels better to ride

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it rides way better with the 780 bars, i think its given me more confidence to go faster( i feel faster)

excuse the scratches, came off today, and now im pissed, so im going to put clear contact over them

Last edited:

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
You sure its not hitting? I can see a chunk out of your reservoirs sticker in a place that would indicate that it is.
possitive. i would have noticed the hitting sound and their would be a dint. i bought the shock with that peeling. also the linkage is pushing the shock forward and the seat is going down so it clears it
It "Seriously" looks asif it has hit the seatpost. Take a good look at the piggyback, looks kinda scuffed at the top
Isn't that the answer right there?