diamond creek rediscovered.

hey,
just wanted to tell y'all that i headed down to diamond creek dj's (the ones near the train lines) i found they had started to waste away and need some attention. heard from some local 'dimorats' that they are not ridden much anymore and used to be better and bigger.they don't need much, just a bit of fixy uping. so i plan to fix what i can but i'm not that experienced so i suggest that if ur down that way sometime to give em a touch up if you know what ur doing. also i wouldn't mind some tips for building dj's myself. i'm also not a local so i can't get there very easily. these are wicked jumps and we don't want to lose them.
cheers all.

yeah i know the ones your talking bout..they are awsome, i can only do about 4 or 5, but they are good and yeah a few of them have chcnks missing out the side that could be fixed up, would be better if people didn't litter and looked after it though.....nice set of jumps

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
again, i'd be happy to help out but it's pointless untill we get good solid rain. The ground rivals concrete and a dustbowl all in one.

firstly, the locals we met called themselves dimorats.

and for those of you who don't know where the jumps are, listen up.
when you come out of the station head left down the main road. about 100 meters down you will see a footy oval and a skatepark on your right. behind this is a footpath. follow this for a while until you come to a main road then continues down over a bridge. hint: if you find yourself on a super narrow pedestrian walkway thingy while crossing this bridge your on the right track. the path then sweeps around a bend and continues to a playground. you will need to cross the playground as well as some b'ball courts directly behind it. go to the far left corner of the courts and it will drop down to a sealed path, turn right and follow it. eventually you will find a bend in the track with a dirt path continuing straight ahead of you. follow that and it will eventually become sealed path again. then you will pass a couple more ovals before finally getting to series of dirt tracks seeming to go to the one point on your left into some bushland. pick one of these tracks and follow it for about 50m. it will duck under a railway bridge with a creek to your below left. then they are right in front of you. make sure you scan the area well though coz theres heaps of little lines and things veering off the main park..... i know its confusing but you could always try following the trainlines.. :shock: ..

all up the trip should take you no more than 10-15mins ride from the station.

good luck

curtisrider

Eats Squid
yes the are the chilli factor jumps,

the reason they havent been fixed is because it hasnt got wet enough there for months, so the dirt has been to hard to dig and fix the jumps, when it starts to get really wet they will be fixed, if you try and fix them now your effort wil not be worthwhile

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Diamorats???? never heard of that and i live in Wattle Glen which is next to Diamo and i go to school with all these kids. Diamo Scum is the name that is asociated with them though.

these jumps are pretty good but until it rains they will stay at there crappy state. me and all my mates are just waiting for some rain then we will work solidly on these jumps.

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh i agree with the last couple, its dry as, they are all massive, but i will help to fix em up so when i get my new bike i can actually try and hit em up coz at the moment they are almost unridable. For directions to get there, just look out the window of the train... see then and jump out... or just follow the train lines back

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hummm, im guessing this w'ends rain would have worked a treat :wink: ive got some carpet im willing to donate to anyone who want to work on those jumps

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hell yes it did, i was out in eltham this weekend, purely fixing up the local jumps, and i can tell ya, the rain has at least done just enough to make the dirt diggable again, somethin that hasnt happened in a while. If the rain keeps up for the next week or so, which hopefully it will, some real jumps can be fixed! Fingers crossed

CrookS

Likes Dirt
THey are done

You guys are too late the guys down here (being a resident in diamo) were waiting for a good bit of rain and are now all running in there prime once it dries they will be running better that ever. More packs are getting built so it should be good once its all done. by the way please dont touch em if ya case fix it etc etc. maybe cya down there