Did you know...

Ruys

Likes Dirt
Any tips on getting the inside of the flex tube on the c/back cleaned then "dry" .. I can always still see small droplets of water in there, and think - mould! cheers ..:)
I go for a new, clean shoe lace. Get a bit of a floss action going and it works great.

Chris Park

Likes Dirt
Camelbaks or other bladders

Just put it in the freezer after you empty it after each ride, you will never need to clean it and it will never have that plastic taste, mine has been fresh as for two years :). 3 Minutes out and it will be all ready to be re filled and ready for anothert epic ride.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alternative for Camelbaks is to leave them full of tap water after a ride, then drain and fill just before you ride again. Chlorinated water *should* keep for ages, and each ride you still get fresh water.

PJS

Likes Dirt
I use a milton tablet every now and then to soak my hydration bladder (the tablets sold in the baby aisle - used to sterilise baby bottles). These are also the same chemical formula as water purification tablets, but easier to buy. Don't have to go to the camping/disposals store. (Also the same as dichlor chlorine for your pool, just don't think about it if you have to drink it)

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I use a milton tablet every now and then to soak my hydration bladder (the tablets sold in the baby aisle - used to sterilise baby bottles). These are also the same chemical formula as water purification tablets, but easier to buy. Don't have to go to the camping/disposals store. (Also the same as dichlor chlorine for your pool, just don't think about it if you have to drink it)
I use sodium metabisulphate.
It's the stuff you get from the brewers shop to sterilise your stubbies before you do a home brew.
Comes in a bag about 500 grams and you only need one teaspoon for three or four litres of water. Cheap as. Just fill up the bladder and pop a teaspoon in, sit for an hour and tip out. No need to rinse.