Dirty Deed CX Series in Melbourne

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
I will be there early to help setup again.

I am a bit disappointed to see that there will be a few clear days before the race this time. It needs to be muddy, though my drive train would disagree.

Have you worked out where Rd 3 will be?

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
I will be there early to help setup again.

I am a bit disappointed to see that there will be a few clear days before the race this time. It needs to be muddy, though my drive train would disagree.

Have you worked out where Rd 3 will be?
oh, it'll still be muddy. don't you worry about that.

yeah, we've worked out rd 3. it will be diabolical.

thanks for helping. see you sunday!

Smiker

Likes Dirt
More CX?

Will this series continue - or run again? Although I'm well aware CX is a winter sport, I'm currently too far out of the way to take advantage of the enw races sprouting up.

Is anything planned for Spring?

Smiker

Timbers

Likes Dirt
Gotta say! amazing to see how much this has grown in interest in just two races. An even better atmoshere than the first race and that is saying something as it had a better one than any MTB race I have been to in the last decade.
And well done to whoever was responsible for the course layout at round two, I previously lived close by and often mixed up training by doing some various circuits in Darebin Parklands on the CX bike but never came up with anything as good as that course, will head out there later in the week for some laps when the weather goes to shit :eek: did I say that out loud?
on that note, (Brendan) what has the response been from parks post race??? all good I hope? any location locked in for the last round?

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
haven't called the parklands ranger yet. i'm a bit scared.

final one will be back at the velodrome, with a course that borders on diabolical...

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
This Sunday at the Brunswick Velodrome, Harrison St Brunswick.

Mud, sun, (vegan!) BBQ, cowbells, obnoxious commentary, raging tunes, vegan bake sale, free coffee, the best prizes i've ever had the privilege to hand out (new CX bike, anybody?), stacks, inappropriate bikes, attractive people in lycra, photo opportunities, beer hand-ups, beer hand-downs, five dollar prizes for stupid tricks / mid-race challenges, lollies from the kiosk, (ginger) beer, pavlis' hill, champagne for our real friends, real pain for our sham friends, the velodrome where they once held the Australian titles (no kidding!), malarkey, shenanigans, hilarity!

oh, and some bike racing. rego and course open at 12. Open category races at 1, CX category races at 2, presentations and barbecue at 4. New and improved course that is secret right now, but may include stairs...

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
Bring it. Am looking forward to making up for my poor result last race. Probably didnt help that I buckled my wheel after a crash and didnt realise till the end of the race.

There are some showers forecast for the rest of the week and a sunny Sunday. How do you organise such nice weather?

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
was thinking about having a stab at this on Sunday.

tell me though, do I have to buy a 3 ride license just to ride one race?

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
was thinking about having a stab at this on Sunday.

tell me though, do I have to buy a 3 ride license just to ride one race?
yes, we do apologise, but you do. that's how CSV roll. you might take the remaining two rides as opportunities to race a crit / road race / track race...

we look like once more getting lucky on the weather. karma?

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
yes, we do apologise, but you do. that's how CSV roll. you might take the remaining two rides as opportunities to race a crit / road race / track race...

we look like once more getting lucky on the weather. karma?
no dramas, thanks for the reply.

ride on the road? are you mad? :D

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
the older gentlemen among us remember a certain mountain biker who once said that he was "just riding a bit of road to build endurance for mountain biking,"

he was, of course, cadel evans.

if only he'd known about cyclocross.

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
the older gentlemen among us remember a certain mountain biker who once said that he was "just riding a bit of road to build endurance for mountain biking,"

he was, of course, cadel evans.

if only he'd known about cyclocross.
we all do that of course. some of us just do it in the dark so we don't get caught with the white lycra on.

funny to see CX having such a boom here right now, it's been such an integral part of the UK winter calendar for so long you almost don't notice it there......good for you putting it on and doing it with a sense of humour.

Baabaa

Squid
funny to see CX having such a boom here right now...

Getting some press in Qld.

Cyclocross aims to beat all barriers

http://ipswich-news.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/cyclocross-aims-to-beat-all-barriers/

THE city’s inaugural Cyclocross (CX) race is still two days away, but event organiser Scott Kirton already has grand plans for the sport in Ipswich.

After taking part in Queensland’s only previous CX race last year in Brisbane, Kirton is in the final stages of preparation for the 2.5km Ipswich event, to be held at One Mile’s Jim Finimore Park on Saturday.

CX is a growing form of cycling which involves racing through fields, roads, mud and other obstacles on modified road bikes.

Kirton said riders often had to dismount and carry their bikes to negotiate obstacles.

Saturday’s race will feature stairs, barriers and a steep “unrideable” hill, with a beer tent and cowbells adding to the “party atmosphere”.

Kirton said he was already looking beyond this weekend’s race. “I want to build it up. My goal is to have a series of races every year,” the Ipswich Cycling Club member said.

“It’s very intense, high heart rate.

“(The Brisbane race) was good fun.

“It’s not quite as serious as road cycling. It’s a great spectator sport as well.”

Saturday’s event will feature a junior category beginning at noon, and four divisions of senior racing every hour from 12.30pm.

For more information, visit www.qld.cycling.org.au or www.ipswichcyclingclub. org.au.