Dodgy trader experience

ChopSticks

Banned
I've got dodgey dingo's details too... including his full name, address and bank details.

Dirty cunt... and definitely Chunt of the Year

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had traded with him numerous times. He pulled a cunts act on that frame, but no problems with any of the stuff I bought or him. He was a profiteer, not a seller of stolen or broken shite...other than the frame...but he seems to have ripped a couple of others off.
I believe the forks came off a bike he bought off COna, id ask him about their history.
had a recent trade with him while the shit fight was going on, took a while to get post sorted due to a mix up on his end, he then express posted package.....

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Well, he was either lazy, apathetic or plain deceitful when dealing with me, so I have no regard for him. It's sad that some people feel the need to be a prick in order to get ahead. I wonder if a bloke like that has any real friends... Anyway, I've messaged cona about the fork history so if there's no blight then I'll sell them on just to recoup costs.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It happens to everyone live and learn I suppose and he surely lived up to his name. I'm pretty sure you can convert them to 120mm by removing a spacer. I done on it my recon silvers and its not too hard heaps of manuals and vids online.

Ideate

Old dragan still owes me $250 from February 2014. I put it down as a loss and it's not the full story but he does seem to talk and never deliver on his word. Something dodgey about him.. Would never trade with him again. Nice guy otherwise.

styler

Likes Dirt
Just a matter of removing the spacer. Reba's can be set at 80 100 120, some have markings on the stanchions for the sag settings which should show the 120mm sag settings. I have a 06 model set at 115mm and 2011 set at 120mm. A height change on these takes less then 30min with a little know how. Both mine are the dual air models. They are a great fork and can be set up really well to suit a variety of riding.

wavike

Likes Dirt
Just a matter of removing the spacer. Reba's can be set at 80 100 120, some have markings on the stanchions for the sag settings which should show the 120mm sag settings. I have a 06 model set at 115mm and 2011 set at 120mm. A height change on these takes less then 30min with a little know how. Both mine are the dual air models. They are a great fork and can be set up really well to suit a variety of riding.
Got some links on this, I have 2011 dual's and have been told by bike shop not doable.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Got some links on this, I have 2011 dual's and have been told by bike shop not doable.
i was under the impression that not all reba's could be changed as well. i think it was the 2012 you couldn't change though.

fortunately my '12 anthem had '10 reba's so i could bump them up from 100 to 120mm.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
In the 2010 2011 year range, some were 80 to 100, and others 100 to 120. So if you have a 100mm reba , good chance it can be done. If it's a n 80, and you want to make it 120, if the stancions have the 120mm printed on the side, there's a spare part required.

Your specific model will require some searching on mtbr with the model code

mitchy_

Llama calmer
In the 2010 2011 year range, some were 80 to 100, and others 100 to 120. So if you have a 100mm reba , good chance it can be done. If it's a n 80, and you want to make it 120, if the stancions have the 120mm printed on the side, there's a spare part required.

Your specific model will require some searching on mtbr with the model code
My '10 Reba's can be 80, 100 or 120... just requires the correct amount of travel spacers.

moorey

call me Mia
My '10 Reba's can be 80, 100 or 120... just requires the correct amount of travel spacers.
Yes. It's a minefield. My sons are same, but some are only 80-100 or 100-120mm. Older revs, like the 2010's I just banged on my banshee are 150mm now, but were previously 100, and I'm pretty sure they could go down to 80.
Best all round forks ever, the revs, and the dual air Reba are right up there.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yes. It's a minefield. My sons are same, but some are only 80-100 or 100-120mm. Older revs, like the 2010's I just banged on my banshee are 150mm now, but were previously 100, and I'm pretty sure they could go down to 80.
Best all round forks ever, the revs, and the dual air Reba are right up there.
ah, must have got lucky then.

these dual air reba's seem pretty good... i just wish i had more than 4.5 inches. :(

moorey

call me Mia
ah, must have got lucky then.

these dual air reba's seem pretty good... i just wish i had more than 4.5 inches. :(
Or maybe it's solo air I'm thinking of that are less adjustable. I'm positive that SIDS were only 80/100 or 100/120. I've only ever used dual air except for one set of solo air revs I only kept for about a month.
Mitchy, find yourself some old revs. Only 150ish grams weight difference from the Reba's.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Or maybe it's solo air I'm thinking of that are less adjustable. I'm positive that SIDS were only 80/100 or 100/120. I've only ever used dual air except for one set of solo air revs I only kept for about a month.
Mitchy, find yourself some old revs. Only 150ish grams weight difference from the Reba's.
i dont think my anthem would play nice with them... extending the reba's to 120 is already 20mm up on stock... i assume 120, perhaps 130 at the most before it turns to poop.