does any one know what the longest thread is

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
hey does any one know what the longest thread is, i want to have a look at it.
i once was wearing a woolen jumper, and much to my disapointment, while jumping a fence to help an elderly citizen, i snagged the corner, didnt think much of it, untill i go thome and i was no longer wearing a jumper (only the collar), and there was a long THREAD of wool behind me.. it was quite long, and rather a odd sight. If you would like to see it, you may it starts on the corner of 4th and 8th street. and finishes at me house.

i also belive CSIRO have been working on making some super strong synthectic threads, which should be able to stretch large distances, maybe longer then my woolen jumper could? check there website out.

Leefy

Likes Dirt
i once was wearing a woolen jumper, and much to my disapointment, while jumping a fence to help an elderly citizen, i snagged the corner, didnt think much of it, untill i go thome and i was no longer wearing a jumper (only the collar), and there was a long THREAD of wool behind me.. it was quite long, and rather a odd sight. If you would like to see it, you may it starts on the corner of 4th and 8th street. and finishes at me house.

i also belive CSIRO have been working on making some super strong synthectic threads, which should be able to stretch large distances, maybe longer then my woolen jumper could? check there website out.
LOL.......

n plus one

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I think it's www.weezer.com ?

tu plang

knob
Or one distance from the left to the right.

Strings have alot of different lengths, as 3 of us have kindly demonstrated.
bah. the point is, when someone says "whats the length of a piece of string" to point out that you have asked a very open ended question, the response is "twice the distance to its centre". it sounds witty. the other two dont.

tu plang

knob
Funny guy that Tu Plang
Well if you're going to be smart, in this instance i wasn't making any attempt to be funny. I was merely voicing my disappointment that Dicky had poorly executed the line. You only went on to demonstrate your ability to completely miss the point.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I actually wasn't being smart, to be honest I have no idea what your actually talking about. I get your point about your string comment being much more wittier than ours but I'm starting to get a bit lost.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter

????? no idea what your on about

but what i do know is the scientfic formula for the legth of the piece of string in question is cleary "2HxD/D" (where H equals half the string and D equals the diameter of the string...)

none of these other stupid theories and equations.