Does anyone find it hard to actually buy 2nd hand stuff on FARKIN ?

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jonesy, you just need to be picky / selective with whom you trade.

I am very selective about whom I p.m, and generally will look at their trading history, time on farkin, etc. This will avoid dealing with 'kids'. In saying that, I have dealt with younger guys who have been fantastic to deal with and have had good trader history.

I have traded about 7 - 8 times now, and have all positive dealings.

Cheers,

kv1973

Likes Dirt
jonesy, you just need to be picky / selective with whom you trade.

I am very selective about whom I p.m, and generally will look at their trading history, time on farkin, etc. This will avoid dealing with 'kids'. In saying that, I have dealt with younger guys who have been fantastic to deal with and have had good trader history.

I have traded about 7 - 8 times now, and have all positive dealings.

Cheers,

This topic is basically a no issue as far as I'm concerned. Since I last checked we are operating in a 'free market' economy. If the prices are too steep sellers will have to lower their prices/expectations accordingly. And if buyers are missing out for whatever reason then they are a way too slow in making up their minds. Farkin is a great site bringing many ppl with the same interest together and trading. FYI I have just listed about 10+ items including a whole bike in the 'forsale' section etc and 90% of it sold in the first 2 days. Maybe my pricing was a bit too low. No complaints from me or from my buyers. 'Plus the last time I checked it is the buyers that are 'tyre kickers' not the seller. As for jonesy if you want to get things here for the best price then you need to be patient - fair chance you will miss out most times. If you want to get things quickly then you need to act quickly and come to an arrangement with the seller. You rarely can have both. Unless you find a stupid seller like me and list things at cheap prices :cool:

babington

Squid
warning

I'd like to apologise to Nico Jacko, I made the mistake of expressing myself on this forum without the necessary proof. I was wrong to accuse Nico of any wrongdoing.

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
I just thought I should warn fellow farkiners. I bought a blue Joel Panozzo V10 through Nico Jacko. So far I've had the swingarm re-welded and the rear hub specific for the frame was not included. These repairs have now come to close to $1000:mad: I have tried pm'ing both the seller and advertiser with no response.
I sort of know how you feel. That's really terrible form by the seller, I'd be incredibly mad if I were you. How much did you pay for the thing?

PM probably won't help, try and find the sellers phone number if you can.

kona4lyf

Likes Dirt
This topic is basically a no issue as far as I'm concerned. Since I last checked we are operating in a 'free market' economy. If the prices are too steep sellers will have to lower their prices/expectations accordingly. And if buyers are missing out for whatever reason then they are a way too slow in making up their minds. Farkin is a great site bringing many ppl with the same interest together and trading. FYI I have just listed about 10+ items including a whole bike in the 'forsale' section etc and 90% of it sold in the first 2 days. Maybe my pricing was a bit too low. No complaints from me or from my buyers. 'Plus the last time I checked it is the buyers that are 'tyre kickers' not the seller. As for jonesy if you want to get things here for the best price then you need to be patient - fair chance you will miss out most times. If you want to get things quickly then you need to act quickly and come to an arrangement with the seller. You rarely can have both. Unless you find a stupid seller like me and list things at cheap prices :cool:
and me, whole bike in parts, 10 sales, no drama,no complaints,im happy and so is the buyer,if you cant get what you want for the price you want it at, go to your lbs im sure they will sell it to you then and there, for full price.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ post above is spot on.

Stanas

Likes Bikes
Wait wait wait, The guy that start this thread is complaining about trading on Farkin, yet he has no iTrader??? So he's admitting to breaking forums rules? Or is there something I missed?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Wait wait wait, The guy that start this thread is complaining about trading on Farkin, yet he has no iTrader??? So he's admitting to breaking forums rules? Or is there something I missed?
You missed the part where he said he was BUYING. You only need trading access if you want to post in the trading area. There's nothing stopping you reading it and contacting sellers via PM to do a deal.

skendo

Likes Bikes
Yep,
I'll use this thread to give the heads up about a 07 Sunday advertised at the moment from 'Hungry" in Albany. What he is advertising is not the truth, he's raced a full season on it, not just 3 months riding. It has been crashed heaps as he is a shit rider and it has dent in the chain stay on the left. Not only has he lied but he is asking top dollar for a second hand product.
My experiences on trading on Farkin have been good, I bought my wife a Morewood Shova Lt and paid a good price aswell as a few small parts. The fact that people lie about what they're selling sucks. Dude that sucks about your V10, this is the sort of crap that will stop people using these forums and only buy at online stores. Props to all the honest traders and to all the liars may you burn in hell!!

DJ_Huck

Banned
Yep,
I'll use this thread to give the heads up about a 07 Sunday advertised at the moment from 'Hungry" in Albany. What he is advertising is not the truth, he's raced a full season on it, not just 3 months riding. It has been crashed heaps as he is a shit rider and it has dent in the chain stay on the left. Not only has he lied but he is asking top dollar for a second hand product.
Nice headsup, probably appreciated by many, few of whom will read it. Their loss.

I'll have to whinge about some sellers. PM back dammit. Even if its sold.
Good quality pictures go a long way in selling a product quick and for what you want, and may even attract another couple of dollars. I'd pay a little more for a bike from, say, Mebourne that i obviously can't go and see, that had crystal clear pictures, a quick response time and a seller that can spell, as opposed to the opposite of all of the above, which only makes we buyers wary of potentially dud sellers.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I'll have to whinge about some sellers. PM back dammit.
I agree here on the whole, but if someone keeps PMing me with "ey man wil u take $20.50 n a stik of gum 4 ur pikes?", then I'm not even going to credit that with a response.

skivi

Likes Dirt
hey leitch you forgot
"owh yeh i can giv u 5.50$ now but liek ma mum iz gonna giv me sum muney real sun 4 ma birfday nxt month so liek i kan giv ya more then. cherz."

nico jacko

Likes Dirt
What Babington bought was never a complete bike! Once out of the box the thing was covered in spider webs. Rear hub is not specific to a santa Cruz, the deemaxes are fucked, the swingarm was cracked, and no santa cruz decals. And then to say the LBS had serviced it....WTF. Really poor form by Nico Jacko, his mate he was selling it for and the parents.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

If you read this Nico Jacko, at least be man enough to finally reply to Babington
ok mate, first of all, i have replied to EVERY pm and e-mail form babington, secondly, it was a complete bike, wat is missing????? because i have not been notified that any parts are missing.
you think its bad form aye??, ask anybody that i have sold to and ask them if they were unhappy.... go on!

after babington told me of the supposed "cracks" in the swingarm anf the rim, i spoke to tim (owner) asap and babington, was told by tim's dad that if he can produce photo evidence that these two cracks exist then he would be more than happy to get them fixed, as the frame was inspected multiple times for cracks that were never found.......... but wait....... no pictures????.......hmmmmm :rolleyes::rolleyes:, you dont seem to keen to sort this problem out then do you???

a couple of cobwebs?, harden the fark up mate, its a second hand bike, a race bike, its not gonna be nice and shiny, and you were more than informed of that.

babington, you need to sort this shit out with tim, and stop publicly hanging bullshit on me.
if there are cracks, lets get some pictures to tim aye.

tim got santa cruz

Cannon Fodder
What Babington bought was never a complete bike! Once out of the box the thing was covered in spider webs. Rear hub is not specific to a santa Cruz, the deemaxes are fucked, the swingarm was cracked, and no santa cruz decals. And then to say the LBS had serviced it....WTF. Really poor form by Nico Jacko, his mate he was selling it for and the parents.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

If you read this Nico Jacko, at least be man enough to finally reply to Babington
Written by Tim's Dad.
For a start Darsh (whoever the hell you are). What Babington (Ed) bought was a COMPLETE bike. The rear hub is the one that Tim bought with the bike and it has been used and raced for the past two years without problem. The wheels were fine, with no buckles or damage but from memory there was one broken spoke and a replacement spoke was sent with the bike along with the DECALS. I even sent Ed an email to let him know that he should unpack everything very carefully and look for other parts. Did you unpack the bike??
Ed sent an email claiming a partial refund because he said that the swing arm was cracked. I replied to his email and asked that for a start he send some pictures of the crack. I never received any.
Some weeks later I received another email from Ed with other gripes (no mention of the crack in the swing arm) to which I didn't bother replying. He is clearly trying to rip us off with unsubstantiated and untrue claims. Please, everyone, if you are thinking of SELLING something to Babington.... be careful.
Babington. Did you really pay $1000 to have a crack (if there was one) repaired? You could have sent the swingarm back and had it fixed for free.
To be clear. If I haven't already been clear enough. The bike that was sold to Babington was complete, serviced, well priced and sold in good faith. Tim, Nico Jacko and "The Parents" are all good honest people and you should have a good dose of wake the fuck up.
By the way. Do you do Babington's bike repairs?? Shame Shame Shame
And covered in spider webs?? Really?? Then get a duster pussy.