does anyone know where eagle quarry is

scratchy

Farkin Activist
heppy said:
Ah Adelaide is all ready covered in sustainable XC tracks. I just think whoever is in charge of the way the tracks must be built,
You kidding right? There isn't any sustainable XC tracks in Adelaide. Certainly not legal ones.

If you look at the report it proposes DH tracks established in Randells, Andos, Lynton (Windy Pt). Also a MTB park including North Shore stuff be established at Lynton. Support the plan and bitch about who gets to build what later.

Of coarse council will get in people who know what there doing, who said they wouldn't? Can they back it up with proof?

heppy said:
You bloody XC riders just want more and more, we DH/FR riders just need something.
MTB is a brotherhood it ain't an US vs Them (XC vs DH). XC has nothing legal, neither does DH. Saying things like that shows you don't understand the situation.

Just fill out the feedback form support the plan. Feel free to tell council they should look at Whistler (you could put that in the comments section), it'll only take 2 minutes outta your life!

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
It seems to be getting somewhere anyway. Randalls is now open to bikes iirc, Belair has multi use trails, even if they are as technical as a pancake (They aren't :p)

Has anyone got any updated info on eagle quarry yet? Also what about Andersons, did that get the same treatment as Randalls?

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Martin.au said:
It seems to be getting somewhere anyway. Randalls is now open to bikes iirc, Belair has multi use trails, even if they are as technical as a pancake (They aren't :p)

Has anyone got any updated info on eagle quarry yet? Also what about Andersons, did that get the same treatment as Randalls?
I dont tihnk Eagle park is open to the public yet, only for races and events

CGR

Likes Dirt
I can see where heppy's coming from, it does seem that there are quite a few more XC trails than DH/FR stuff (legal stuff). But I think the idea of breaking in and making illegal stuff is not the answer either, because all that will do is give us all a bad rep which is the last thing we need. What we need is for these trails to be built with imput and help from the SA mtb community. I'm sure there are loads of people willing to help, I know I sure am.

Deewon

Squid
Im clearly bumping a fair old thread here :p but.
Went to eagle a few times now and its pretty good. I normally do the longest possible route which is about aprox. 12k so im not bored of it yet.. I normally head out there every week with about 4 other mates.. good times.

RacelineBoy

Likes Dirt
Im clearly bumping a fair old thread here :p but.
Went to eagle a few times now and its pretty good. I normally do the longest possible route which is about aprox. 12k so im not bored of it yet.. I normally head out there every week with about 4 other mates.. good times.
Same. Eagle is great!!! Great view, great trail and dj. All is good!

bwhatnall

Cannon Fodder
Eagle Quarry is Built

Hey, I didnt see any reply saying eagle quarry is finished, ready to ride, so I might just say it is, read it in this months Australian Mountian Bike Mag, its on the old freeway near the eagle on the hill pub, just turn off onto a side trail, there are vids of it on youtube aswell, search crafers mountain bike. Gonna go ride it this weekend, will be SICK!!!!