Does iPhone 5 eat dicks?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to bushwack the dick eating thread ...
galaxy SIII ... my first smart phone ... and I can't believe how it has changed how I do things ... my only complaint is the optus network sux wang where I live.

secondly, data ... really is there anybody that even gets close to 2GB on their phone in a month ?? My plan has 5 and stuffed if I get anywhere near it and we use the phone heaps. I've become a real antisocial ... even surf the net whilst walking across the street ... can't even hear the horns
As a S3 4G owner, I bloody love that phone. It might be the extra coverage from the 4G, but I'm struggling so far to fault it. It's definitely alot bigger than the 5/4S screens, but makes it easy to read a book/watch tv shows, and with 2.5 gig I can afford the data.

I'm on telstra network (don't kill me) and so far the extra cost has been worth it. I own a mac(BP) and ipods, but the iphone iOS I've never really found intuitive... android has been so much better for me personally. Hardest thing was moving my old contacts from my old (ancient android one) to the mac, and back to the galaxy. Heaps of programs out now to make it easier, definitely rate double twist for that!

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Does iPhone 5 eat dicks?
I've had my Iphone 5 for 6 weeks or whatever, and it hasn't (yet) attempted to masticate my manhood. I'll be sending it back as faulty just as soon as I can get my dick out of the charging port...

Meanwhile:
Battery doesn't seem to last as long as my 4's did unless I just leave it sleeping - then it lasts yonks
The screen cracked when I dropped it on the tiles just like the 4's did so on that logic it's the same toughness
The extra screen height is not as useful as I hoped it would be

Basically if buying again I'd go the Samsung Galaxy S3

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I've had I phone 3 4 and now 5. I like the 5. The extra length isn't really noticeable as far as carrying it is concerned, but is better for browsing the net, watching videos ect. The camera is a lot better. The speakers are better. The headphones are much more comfortable which I wasn't expecting.
Battery life was an issue initially but seems to have settled down now.
I have mixed feelings about the new maps. Turn by turn navigation is great but beware, check your route carefully in rural areas. It also does not have the detail the old maps had. It feels like the data is 20 years old.
It does seem to be much faster at everything than my 4.
I have had no problems with calls dropping out or reception anywhere. I am with telstra. I was with vodaphone before and struggled with reception in my small town called Melbourne.
I don't like that they pulled the YouTube app from ios6. The external YouTube app is crap.
I like the fact I can get a new phone and quickly set it up as a replacement phone with all my contacts, email, calendars and photos are already there. That's a big selling point for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 :)

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Sorry to bushwack the dick eating thread ...
galaxy SIII ... my first smart phone ... and I can't believe how it has changed how I do things ... my only complaint is the optus network sux wang where I live.

secondly, data ... really is there anybody that even gets close to 2GB on their phone in a month ?? My plan has 5 and stuffed if I get anywhere near it and we use the phone heaps. I've become a real antisocial ... even surf the net whilst walking across the street ... can't even hear the horns
I had 14gb on my old phone and got close to it a lot. Now i have a Motorola Razr M and its so god damn good, same size as the iphone 5, faster, better and pretty damn awesome. Battery is better also! I have 9.5gb on it.. But i suppose i use it for ALL my internet as i don't have internet at home =/

RATE THE MOTOROLA THOUGH! Give it a suss!!!! The HD or M are exactly the same, the HD just has a bigger screen / is bigger...

LJohn

Likes Dirt
I would really love for apple to release a anti virus i don't care how good they think they are prevention is better than cure.
Anti virus, I thought, was mainly a detect when its present then remove strategy. Isn't this a cure more than prevention? I wouldn't install antivirus on a mac as that is against what OSX/iOS is all about.

As for phones, I like the 4S and it's pretty likely the 5 performs as well as the rest of Apple's devices.

I have an S2 and love it. Android suits me pretty well, but it's definitely a system that requires more user input. I haven't had experience with iOS6, but OSX and iOS5 have been great to use.

It very much depends what you want. If you are willing to put in a bit of work, Android is an absolute monster of a phone OS. The S3 is a beastly phone. They are a formidable combo.

If you want an easy phone which won't require extra effort, I'm sure the iPhone 5 will continue the iPhone trend of being a straight outta the box solution.

A friend had a Windows phone. He said the OS is great but the app market and functionality was very limited compared to the other two market players. Don't bother. The same reason the surface will spend time being walked over by the iPad and Android tablets.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Ljohn- yes while anti virus acts as a seek then destroy or essentially a cure, they also prevent it escaping into the whole system, most protection now will be scanning sites and all downloads before you go and they alert you and block Trojans viruses etc.
If something does get through then once it is found it can be removed, where's as no protection your screwed as it spreads through the system undetected.
I know IOS has built in security measures and it is impressive but with all the lovely scammers hackers and virus creating bundles of joy I'd like more personally, kaspersky wanted apple to give them the ok for it but they refused. I can't have enough security locking down my personal information, more so that there is so much all packed Into one device I'd like to keep mine mine :p

LJohn

Likes Dirt
That's a great point. OSX was always safe because it was a minority market share. It will be interesting to see where virus creating douchebags will go now that OS are pushing into new territory.

I wonder if the next apple OS releases will include some extra security.

OZX

Likes Bikes
Updated to the 5 mainly for the increased speed.
Telstra and the phone delivered and all other functionality remained in tact based on my needs.

MasterOfReality

After forever
My wife still has an iphone 3 on optus :lol:

She is harping on about the new iphone, but to me the user interface looks exactly the same? Boring. Same as her old iphone, pretty much the same as my old ipod touch. If she buys it she will loose interest in it in about 2 mins. You would expect a bit more for the outlay.

I have a htc desire on telstra.

I'll take Telstra anyday, particularly in our area. Optus is not worth the aggravation of poor reception and drop outs.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I find it hilarious to hear people say certain phones are soooo much better than an Iphone. I love the look on their face when they find out some of those companies have been charged for breaching copyrights by copying Apple products.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find it hilarious to hear people say certain phones are soooo much better than an Iphone. I love the look on their face when they find out some of those companies have been charged for breaching copyrights by copying Apple products.
^ For things like 'rounded corners' or a 'list format', or the latest one with Ultrabooks - using a wedge shape. Which have been standardised in the industry anyway, Apple are a joke of a company that are holding back technology.
Its going to be interesting to see where the Apple-Motorola goes case now that the tables are turned. Especially because Apple have infringed on 18 legitimate technology patents, rather than aesthetics (how the hell is a list format a patentable item). I hope Apple get shafted, besides they have basically invented nothing so I don't think it would be a loss to the world.

And LJohn, you're living under a rock if you think Mac's can't get viruses. That claim got taken of their website yonks ago, and you can buy Macs out of the box with paid AV programs like Norton for Mac. As for Windows App store, well, I saw numbers once for the number of Apps in the Apple app store and the number that were actually downloaded. Microsoft rivals numbers of useful or well used apps and covers the go-to apps of other markets. Honestly, I think the surface could be practical. Its a portable touchpad that integrates directly and completely with all MS office programs, plus you can run a regular windows desktop on them. They could be more sensible in the business world.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
^ For things like 'rounded corners' or a 'list format', or the latest one with Ultrabooks - using a wedge shape. Which have been standardised in the industry anyway, Apple are a joke of a company that are holding back technology.
Its going to be interesting to see where the Apple-Motorola case now that the tables are turned. Especially because Apple have infringed on 18 legitimate technology patents, rather than aesthetics (how the hell is a list format a patentable item). I hope Apple get shafted, besides they have basically invented nothing so I don't think it would be a loss to the world.

And LJohn, you're living under a rock if you think Mac's can't get viruses. That claim got taken of their website yonks ago, and you can buy Macs out of the box with paid AV programs like Norton for Mac.
I'm not aiming this specifically at you Biggy but why do people hate Apple? It's kind of pathetic to hear grown adults say how much they hate Apple. Whats the go? Is it a fanboy thing like twelve year olds arguing over Xbox versus Playstation? Ford versus Holden?

MasterOfReality

After forever
I think its the same type of hate thats reserved for Bose about their marketing, pricing for the australian market etc etc

I don't dislike apple, their stuff just works, albeit it seems bland/sterile.

Bose, well I have their headphones and ipod sound dock and are happy with them despite what some people say. Apple and Bose go well together, no wonder they sell Bose in the apple shops.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not aiming this specifically at you Biggy but why do people hate Apple? It's kind of pathetic to hear grown adults say how much they hate Apple. Whats the go? Is it a fanboy thing like twelve year olds arguing over Xbox versus Playstation? Ford versus Holden?
I don't hate their products, I hate the company mentality and how easily swayed people are by garbage. For example the iPhone 5 release trailer video thing was a bunch of garbage. Before that they claimed the 4S kept the 3.5" screen size because it was the perfect size for your hand blah blah blah could reach all points on the screen and blah blah blah. Then with the 5 they increased screen size but used that exact same line in their marketing video and all the Apple fanboys swooned. They used saphire glass on the camera lens and made such a big deal about the technology of doing so. Sorry but that's been a standard for years and Apple are only just catching up, same with 4LTE antenna which you could get in a galaxy S2.
I hate the way that they ride off other companies. They aren't inventors or innovators, at best I would call them chef's, they take a little bit of what everyone else is doing right and put it together. If you're feeling really curious at some point I would suggest looking up and naming 5 items that they have invented themselves. Samsung did all the graphics technology in their portable devices and manufactured their screens. Then they turned around and stabbed them in the back over list formats and rounded corners (sorry, but wtf) and now they're turning to Sharp (a dying company).
Everyone seems to cream over Mac book pros, and I see them everywhere at uni. But they are bloody abysmal in comparison to competition. More than half the people in my accommodation block had a MBP, and over the year of 2010 more than half of them had to get repairs, not many of them got warrantied on things like hard drives failing or dodgy soldering on motherboards. Fuck that, frankly. The latest MBP has come out and the 13" is the biggest piece of shit this year, but it has a nice screen.

Shitty company that haven't really done a lot for the world except some pretty anodized casings.

Last edited:

markb84

Likes Dirt
Shitty company that haven't really done a lot for the world except some pretty anodized casings.
Ok, I get your hatred for the marketing side of it, but that's all it is, marketing; they're obviously pretty good at it as they sell such ridiculous numbers.

Where you are wrong is in saying Apple have done nothing for the world:
  • They made touch interface user friendly (something that so many people had tried and failed)
  • They invented the first mouse (before PCs had one)
  • They made portable digital music what it is today
  • They made legal purchasing of digital content what it is today
  • They have made technology simple enough for older generations to use
  • They made the tablet what it is today (many failed to do so before)
That's a few of the major impacts Apple have had on technology over a very large period of time, yes, the most recent incarnation of the iPhone may not have changed the world but the company that created it have done so (the world of technology anyway) many times. The biggest question is not what they have done in the past but whethr they will continue to do so in the future in a post Jobs world.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You only had one invention in that list (see below). The rest are products refined from others, which is what I say they did. The bit I have an issue with is that they claim the tech as theirs after they have done so and people mindlessly believe. Other points on your list were available but not marketed the same, e.g. portable digital music and online music sales, and you're really snatching at thin air with your last two items.

Also, google the Xerox Alto - Apple did not invent the mouse.

Last edited:

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
You only had one invention in that list (see below). The rest are products refined from others, which is what I say they did. The bit I have an issue with is that they claim the tech as theirs after they have done so and people mindlessly believe.

Also, google the Xerox Alto - Apple did not invent the mouse.
I'm not an apple hater but...

apple.jpg