Does iPhone 5 eat dicks?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Android itself is f***ing useless when it comes to surfing the net so I guess id recommend the Apple route.
What's wrong with android on the web? I've been using a couple of android devices pretty much exclusively since I've been away, and aside from chrome getting buggy on threadless the other day (dolphin worked fine) and a java problem with one site (which actually gave headaches on full browsers too) it's all been good.

I'll admit that the lack of flash support now is pretty shite, but that just puts you in the same boat as someone on an iOS anyway.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
What's wrong with android on the web?

...chrome getting buggy on threadless the other day...a java problem with one site...the lack of flash support...
I think you may have answered your own question!

Admittedly, I'm an Apple fanboy. Simple, easy to use and just works. I've had an iPhone 4 for just under 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat. iPhone 5 looks good but while my current phone is still truckin', doesn't seem worth the upgrade. If it ain't broke...

wombat

Lives in a hole
I think you may have answered your own question!
How exactly? I had one dodgy website (which was just dodgy across the board, not an android issue), one which was dodgy on chrome, but worked perfectly well when I had it on dolphin (another android browser, so it worked perfectly on the system itself), and the flash issue is one that is relatively new to the googe platform, but has been a major shortcoming of iOS for a long time (and there are still workarounds for android too).

Personally I have no real problem with the apple phones, they're quite nice to use, I just like widgets and some of the other stuff I can do with android so it's my preference.

I only commented in the first place because I'm curious about what makes the iOS web experience better than the android one; imo it's shitty websites that make the whole mobile browsing experience crap at times, regardless of the OS you're on.

Knut

Troll hunter
I got an Iphone 5 a few days ago. My 1st Apple product. The only thing I don't like is how you can't sync your phone to itunes on 2 different computers (home & work). Apart from that it seems OK.
I replaced my 4 with a 5. I like it. Faster and easier. For your music: Go into Itunes, purchased, download all. You're away.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
What's wrong with android on the web?
I started writing this response on Sunday morning but unfortunately my attempt to correct a simple typo subsequently resulted in an horrific ordeal of hour after hour of 'tapping hell' that can only be compared to either waterboarding or a Franz Kafka novel (that's been forced upon you as part of an english literature course)

I've only just finishec it!

Fuck android. It is no friend of the forum junkie...

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked up my Lumia 920 today. Best phone I have ever had. Period.
This thing is next level awesome! Installing Java now so I can watch pinkbike all night.

I haven't even looked at the app store - the thing is so damn well capable out of the box. Bought it outright from JB Hifi (Telstra) but the interface allows for the complete uninstallation of everything bar a little Testra icon in the boot screen (will remove that soon too). Every out of the box app is brilliant. The synchronisation between the phone, email, outlook, social media, contacts, calender and everything else I haven't even discovered yet is incredible.

Maps and Nav are even better than the already insane N8 (never did use an N9), battery live seems pretty decent too. Some of the other apps like City Lens are incredible, not to mention the camera. Never did make a habit of pics on the mobile, but I might have too now.
Quite happy to say the least. Worth considering for anyone out for a new phone.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I started writing this response on Sunday morning but unfortunately my attempt to correct a simple typo subsequently resulted in an horrific ordeal of hour after hour of 'tapping hell' that can only be compared to either waterboarding or a Franz Kafka novel (that's been forced upon you as part of an english literature course)

I've only just finishec it!

Fuck android. It is no friend of the forum junkie...
Pfft, so you got the fat fingers?

And also, tapatalk. Get it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Pfft, so you got the fat fingers?

And also, tapatalk. Get it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
I would get tapatalk but everyone who seems to use it are inadvertently turned into horrible marketing whores by that f***ing annoying signature line! Tapatalk, and especially f***ing Samsung can get f***ed if they think every one of my posts is going to turn into a spamming opportunity for the tossers!

In other news my Galaxy tab has just deleted every single one of my video files from both it's memory and that of the SD card. Whilst there may be a way to recover them, i'm not at home so i dont have access to a decent pc.

Thanks again Samsung. You pack of gaping arseholes!

moorey

call me Mia
I can confirm that the 5 does indeed eat dick, which, thankfully, I'm into.
Lucky for you, shredden, I didn't sell/trade you my 4. It shit itself 2 weeks after contract ran out. Corrosion inside, likely from ball sack sweat according to the repair joint.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yet.....(insert maniacal laugh while stroking cat on my lap)
Oh sorry,

Moorey is a tasteless, selfish prick who is a danger to everyone in the community and has no place here. He deserves the mother of all rogerings with the banning stick.

Better?