doubt

jamo

Likes Dirt
hey guys, ive just bought a new bike and every time i turn a corner the handle bars with the stem thingy keep on moving to the side. i dont know hwo to fix this? also how much air should i put in my tyres. i pumped them up at the servo and i stopped when it said 65 psi. is that the right amount of air for downhilling?

jamo

Likes Dirt
i dont really knwo much about bikes.

why laugh jsut because i dont knwo anything?

if i have anymore questions i will ask you guys.

by the way whats a shimano?

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You blew it asking what a Shimano was. If you hadn't asked that, it may have been slightly believable.

Rik

logged out
oz-freerider said:
oh and that can be bad for your rim running that much presure i think (socket you should know this one)
:?:

I'm running anywhere between 110 and 30psi on my MTB rims, and back in the days of track racing 150psi wasn't uncommon. I'd go as far as saying running low pressure has the potential to do more damage (dings etc)

naz

Criminally Inane
TIGHTEN UR HEADSET...undo the bolts on ur stem make sure the stem is straight...then tighten the bolt on top of ur stem then do up ur stem again...

Rik

logged out
troll troll troll your post
gently up the forum
stupidly stupidly stupidly stupidly
dumb as you can be

jamo

Likes Dirt
is there no harm in asking why and what is that/this. you guys seem to help everyone else out, i dont know a lot about bikes. i knew shimano was a brand, i aint that dumb, but ive heard the term being used at granton on sunday.

wombat

Lives in a hole
oz-freerider said:
oh and that can be bad for your rim running that much presure i think (socket you should know this one)
I can't see how it'll hurt the rim, however running excessive pressures in tyres that aren't designed for it can cause problems; but we're talking pretty high pressures or pretty shit tyres.

G

ill be the nice guy here.

Flatten your tyres as josh said to 25 i run mine at 30 but 5 psi isnt that much of a difference its personal preference as is everything in bikes

Tightening the stem. There should be one bolt on top of the stem and two on the side(s). undo all the bolts(3) and tighten the top one up first. Then after you have done that proceed to tightening the two side ones up evenly.

Shimano is a brand of mtb components. They make deraliours wheels (spokes)? brakes and basically anything you can think of except frames

Bender is CRAZY

Likes Dirt
Jamo don't worry, when i first joined i lost a lot of dignity cos i didn't know crap, just ask the question and you soon start to know heaps about your bike...maybe you will be able to write essays on floating disks like socket! :)

Silver Wahoo

Likes Dirt
FRONT 18-20 PSI
REAR 20-25 PSI

A SHIMANO - Multi national Company which produce High Quality Bicycle equipment, They also manufacture some of the finest fishing reels which are availble from all good tackle warehouses. :D