DPF regeneration

goobags

Likes Dirt
Classy guy - washing his DPF muck into the stormwater and deleting his EGR so as better asphyxiate fellow road users. Bit of a tool...
asphyxiate
/əsˈfɪksɪeɪt/
verb
kill (someone) by depriving them of air.

It might be NOx poisoning but not asphyxiation. Plus at idle and WOT they’re closed anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
2014 RG Colorado Duramax.

Just passed 160k, not concerned, but it has to be starting to buid up by now.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Any of the carbon eating foams work.

Subaru upper engine cleaner, or three bond make one too. Believe repco had the three bond last time I bought it.

Subaru dealer for the Subaru stuff.

What engine?
Heard that Subaru engine cleaner works quite well.

Walnut blasting the valves is something I've heard is done to clean carbon from valves and heads - particularly for DISI motors.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
2014 RG Colorado Duramax.

Just passed 160k, not concerned, but it has to be starting to buid up by now.
See the previously mentioned Italian service. I have applied this routinely to a certain Polish assembled German van sort of ute thing for nearly twenty years now and it still works fine...though its suspension is a bit rough.

T-Rex

Template denier
My van is getting a bit sluggish and twice in the last 2 days the warning "Risk of fliter blocking" has popped on and off. I do long runs in it frequently anyway, to try to minimise the risk of the DPF blocking and I've done a long drive in it this morning. But it's still hard to tell if it's regenerating or not. I was thinking of sending the DPF away for cleaning as opposed to a "forced" regeneration which is holding the motor at 4500RPM for 7 minutes on the stand..... Anyone done this? Do they come up well with cleaning?
I have the misfortune to have had extensive DPF experience with my Subaru Outback.... but enough about me.

given your mileage, your DPF is likely clogged with ash rather than soot. Soot can be burned out via forced regen, ash needs to be mechanically or chemically cleaned. I recommend Western Filters in Blacktown for cleaning, they give you flow stats before and after, and have been doing this type of work for a long time.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
See the previously mentioned Italian service. I have applied this routinely to a certain Polish assembled German van sort of ute thing for nearly twenty years now and it still works fine...though its suspension is a bit rough.
Funnily enough, after reading the start of this thread, I gave it a good flogging out the back of Cardross on the way to picking up the Little Sender. No red line, but plenty of WOT in the taller gears, plenty of fuel flow through the injectors, fair bit of heat generated but probably not enough to burn much off. Felt better, but might just be me tho

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Funnily enough, after reading the start of this thread, I gave it a good flogging out the back of Cardross on the way to picking up the Little Sender. No red line, but plenty of WOT in the taller gears, plenty of fuel flow through the injectors, fair bit of heat generated but probably not enough to burn much off. Felt better, but might just be me tho
I always feel better after doing that. Therefore the car feels better too.