Dream MTB

lost it

Likes Bikes
Robot bike co.
Unno bikes,
Just 2 of many!
Couldn't agree more on the new Zerode Tanihwa. Looks very nice...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yep… they are both going in the right direction. Something along those lines has to be what displaces the POS rear derailleur/overweight cassette of our current bikes. The manufacturers are not rushing there, as they love selling us endless replacement drivetrains. The problem is getting the gearbox technology sorted to be 100% serviceable and robust and then getting commitment from bike manufacturers to build frames around that technology. Right now, they’d rather just sell us drivetrains. But one day… the dream will happen.

safreek

dream bike for downhill duties
Schwinn1.jpg
dreeeeem bike for sex/c duties. Come on, don't tell me that's not sweet ( and a giant :tape2: )
mcm.jpg

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
A Yeti SB5.5c with a bottle cage inside the frame. Full Di2 XTR, just a Pike & cheaper, quality carbon runs laced to CK hubs.

That would be my dream bike.
Switch the Pike for 36s and ditch the bottle cage and this would be my dream bike too. If I was in the market for one I'd look hard at an SB4.5 also.

Or I'd just go full retard and get one of these: https://www.fanatikbike.com/blogs/build-gallery/santa-cruz-hightower-cc-1 - prefer a more subtle colour combo though..

Markee

Likes Dirt
I'm riding mine. Santa Cruz Nomad CC, carbon wheels and cranks, Lyrik 180/150mm fork. My do-it-all bike. :dance:

Last edited:

jamesb888

Likes Bikes
Kalimotxo Bronson with all the orange and purple hope parts I can fit on it. And Fox 36 160mm and Push 11Six shock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exie

Likes Dirt
This is of course, a trick question.

IMO there is no single perfect bike for all things. Unless you only do one thing, then any bike is a compromise.

As far as compromises go however, I think I'm pretty close to my dream bike. Not much I'd change.

IMG_1214-2.jpg

This make a great commuter, trail runner, enduro, gravel grinder, not much of a DH bike, but it survives.

Of course - It's not available in any stores. Obsolete model, and hard to find anything to match it.