Druggies are coming out of the woodwork now

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick Alberto Contador just tested positive - lets rush out all our own admissions while the cyclists spotlight is on him!

The UCI has confirmed that Vuelta a España runner-up Ezequiel Mosquera and David Garcia Da Peña tested positive during the race for Hydroxyethyl starch based on reports from the WADA accredited laboratory in Köln. Both riders have requested the right to request and attend the analyses of their B samples

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Seems to be alot of Spanish riders who have tested positive in past 3 yrs.

Thankfully these two are innocent , same with Alberto:rolleyes:

Fors f..k sake when are these idiots going to learn or will they ever??
Read all the reports re Alberto - going be very interesting but i see two interesting factors,
1) Contadors coach (also Cadel's) has been interviewed where he states that Alberto should tell the "truth" - alot of hidden meanings in his comments.
2) Whilst Contadors reading is miniscule its still a positive!!! Basso and Ulrich were suspended for 2 yrs with no positive test. How will Contador be treated?

Garrath

Likes Dirt
I cant see any other outcome other than a 2 year ban and his TdF win removed.

As you can imagine the web is alight with this. What I have gleamed:

It appears that clem has more negatives than positives for a cyclist to take. It seems it's biggest use is to lose weight. After 2 or so weeks in the saddle, I would think keeping weight on would be more of an issue.

It has been confirmed that clem was not in his system the day before. Reduced amounts where found in the following days.

There is recorded cases of food contamination, the biggest was in China. Spain though does have a record of using this drug with cattle. There are meant to be rules about when the cattle can be milked or slaughtered when using clem.

Unfortunately for AC only Vino and AC were tested within Astana on the rest day. Vino ate elsewhere. I've not heard if any other team mates where tested in subsequent days.

Blood transfusion is thought to be the culprit by many punters. This is where clem is thought to have entered the system. It has been noted that no comment on AC's hematocrit levels have been used as a defense. If there is a pattern of declining hematocrit levels over the span of the tour then the chances of AC tranfusing blood would seem unlikely. There is a rumour that plastic compounds where also found in his blood.

It really doesn't look good for AC. The biggest losers though is us the poor cycling fan that has to continually put up with this shit.

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
The amount in Contador blood is a bees dick. As much as I hate the smarmy spaniard nothing will come of it. He has been tested heaps and nothing else has been found. The amount is 400 times less than the lab was required to test for, so they obviously think it is a tiny amount as well!

delbified

Likes Bikes
The amount in Contador blood is a bees dick. As much as I hate the smarmy spaniard nothing will come of it. He has been tested heaps and nothing else has been found. The amount is 400 times less than the lab was required to test for, so they obviously think it is a tiny amount as well!
yeah but there shouldn't be any there. the meat contamination excuse is unconvincing, as western food standards don't allow steroids in meat. who knows for sure, but it's suspicious. apparently they also found plasicizers in his blood - which is perfectly normal if you're a blood doper.

castillo

Likes Dirt
Probably used a bad batch of blood from earlier on in the season, when he was using clen to lose weight.
Shitty, but what can you do. Can't get caught if you don't do it.