Eildon round 1 vdhs. One week to go!!!!!!!

swanny

Likes Dirt
Hey all,

Bet your all itching to get into the Summer racing season, kicking off at Eildon, THIS WEEKEND, October 16/17th.

The FTF trail crew, steered by the legendary Ben Reynolds, (original Eildon course designer) were up at the track this weekend making it prime, and super fast. A lucky few were able to test out the track and with some small changes in the middle and to the finish, riders will be sure to love it. It was running really fast and loose. Just the way we like it!!!

Some important information follows for all riders and others in attendance, so please read on CAREFULLY!!!

1/ The FTF committee have needed to work extra hard to get the event permit over the line this year, and our event will be watched VERY closely by the powers that be. So, please, please, please, obey any instruction or sign you see in the Eildon race village and in the general area of Eildon. Improper behavior will most likely see the event canceled. Dont be the dickhead that makes this happen.

2/ Entry for ALL AND EVERY person/car, is to be from the PARK ROAD NORTH entry, which leads into Eildon Fire Track number 3. This entrance is along streets that people live on, and the very people that we want to nice to, so DRIVE SLOWLY.
Under no circumstances, for any person or car, is there to be entry or parking at the TANK HILL ROAD, or HILL COURT entry. There will be signs and barriers at this entry, and any person found disobeying these will be not allowed entry to the event.

3/ Parking will be along side of Eildon Fire track number 3. 4WD vehicles will be asked to park in areas that only 4WD can access. All cars will be asked to park responsibly and tightly together to allow for maximum amount of cars. Remember, it is expected to be wet, make sure you can get out if it rains.

3/ There will be access for “Team Tents” within the Event Village, in a specific area. “Team Tents” are any person or group, that are not sponsors, that wish to set up a tent in a convenient location. No advertising or selling of goods are permitted. Branded tent tops are permitted.
IMPORTANT: For all persons wishing to set up a “Team Tent” within the Event Village, you are allowed to bring ONE vehicle in, to unload, but this must be removed by no later that 9.00am SATURDAY morning. It is advised that you leave your tent in place for Saturday night. No vehicle access will be allowed Sunday morning. Event security will be in place on site for Friday and Saturday nights. No vehicle access for removal of equipment will be allowed until after final presentations. You are allowed to set up Friday night. After 9.00am Saturday morning you are still allowed to set up tents, but all equipment must be carried in. NO CARS AFTER 9.00am.

4/ For all sponsors, the vehicle rules still apply, cars must be in and out of Event Village by 9.00am Saturday, except for vehicles permitted as per your sponsorship arrangement with Nick King, sponsor co-ordinator. Please contact Nick for any information regarding your site. You are allowed to set up Friday night also.

***Sorry for all the rules, but we have VERY strict requirement we need to stick to in order to abide to our Event permit, and due to the small size of the Event Village, we need to keep vehicle movement under control. We expect lots of people.***

5/ Now for the riders info…..
Rego will open at 8.00 am Saturday morning, and the track opens at 10.00am. We strongly advise that you get to rego as early as possible, to avoid long queue’s. Be patient and speak very clearly to rego people. They need you help to get it right. AND make sure you write your entry form neatly. It can save a huge amount of confusion later on, when you don’t get a result cos you name spelt wrong…..
You will get a race number. If you were in the TOP 20 Elite Men, or TOP 10 Elite women last year, please tell the rego team, you will get a ranked plate.
This year the race plates are SINGLE EVENT USE ONLY. You will get a NEW PLATE and a NEW NUMBER for every race you enter. Your new number will represent your current series ranking after round 1. The plates are only robust to last one race, so look after them for 48 hours and you will be fine. TAKE THEM OFF WHEN YOU DRIVE HOME SAT NIGHT. They will blow away, and you will need to buy a new one. Don’t cut your plate to fit your cables, the plate will tear in half, and you will need to buy a new one. The rego team will not be stuffing around arguing will you, YOU WILL BUY A NEW ONE.
For all payments, CASH, EFTPOS AND CREDIT CARD is accepted.

6/ To be able to ride, you must have a FULL FACE HELMET, and HANDLEBAR PLUGS, no exceptions. If you are on the start line with no bar plugs, no race. Also, don’t be stupid, wear some body armour, save you skin and save everyone else the headaches. Think of it like this, if you crash, and racing is delayed or cancelled because you badly injure yourself, and you WERE NOT wearing protective stuff, there will be 300 angry mountain bikers, pretty pissed off at you. So don’t do it for yourself, do it for everyone else. Your mates don’t want to hear you whinge all the way home…………

7/ For new and beginning riders, read the “My First Race” article on the vicdhseries website. It should help. For older/experienced riders, be nice to the new ones, and remember, there will be “Pro Practice” and “No Pro Practice”, which will give everyone a good clear run at a fast track. So don’t spend the first few runs trying to take inside lines on little kids. Its not Mario Kart!!
This year, we have implemented coloured number plates for the 2 different practice groups. If you are found riding on the track during the other practice times, you will only be asked once to get off. 2 strikes and your going home.

8/ Nathan Rennie is coming!!! Don’t get in way………..or you will be going home, sore………. But be sure to say g’day, he’s usually pretty nice…………if you don’t get in his way!!!

9/ Bring your hardest, fastest, meanest, racing action to ROUND ONE of the KONA VDHS.

10/ Race and Tech support will be there from a range of different shops and brands, be sure to say hi, and support the sponsors who make the effort to go to the best races in Oz.

See you there.

Matt.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been hanging for this race.. It's going to be awesome! I have missed riding at Eildon.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Re: Team tents. We're pretty keen to set one up but will we be able to bring a car in on Saturday after practice to remove the contents of our tent ? We'll walk it all back in Sunday morning , I can understand the need to keep vehicles out at that time.

swanny

Likes Dirt
Tony, theoretically, we are sticking to the rules, but if you talk to someone real nice, im sure we can work something out.

swanny

Likes Dirt
Forecast for the weekend in Eildon, is for plenty of rain, and pretty cold.

YVC will have heaps of Maxxis mud tyres on hand on special at $40.00 each and we will also have plenty of clear rain jackets from Sombrio, normally $70.00, race weekend $50.00. We will also be bringing tonnes of brake pads. But only for the main brakes. If you need any specific stuff be sure to call before Friday lunchtime.

All of the 2010 TLD race kits will have 30% off too, so check em out at Eildon.

Get in quick for all this stuff as we always sell out really quick on muddy race weekends.

Matt.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tony, theoretically, we are sticking to the rules, but if you talk to someone real nice, im sure we can work something out.
No probs Matt. I wasn't looking to bend the rules or for special treatment ! Just wanted to clarify. Cheers mate. :)

swanny

Likes Dirt
Hey Tony, I just re read my reply to you and, i sounded like a bit of and ass. Sorry mate. I guess what i meant to say was, our club should probably start the event with the intention to stick to the rules.........the rest of the weekend will work itself out.

BTW......for the record, the rules will be upheld, mostly.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Tony, I just re read my reply to you and, i sounded like a bit of and ass. Sorry mate.
Not at all Matt , at least not from here anyway. I'm all for sticking to the rules* with a good dose of commonsense thrown in.

*especially when it comes to my time to enforce them ;)

murphnat

Likes Dirt
Lots of heavy rain forecast over Friday and beyond.
Is there any chance that the race will be canceled?? Considering that Eildon will be on a Flood warning does it make sense in running the race this weekend? I remember that the main bridge into Eildon was destroyed due to flooding only a few weeks ago (the temp bridge that is in place does not look like it will hold up to much).

Also of concern is if that race does go ahead will there be "adequate" shelter for the riders who are waiting to complete their runs? I remember how appalling the conditions were at Big Hill last year on top of the hill. For those of us who don't have the best immune systems, racing in the wet can be quite hard on the body.

I would hate to see a lot of the riders put the effort in to travel to the race and then be told that is has been canceled due to the conditions.

notso

Likes Dirt
Is there any chance that the race will be canceled?? Considering that Eildon will be on a Flood warning does it make sense in running the race this weekend? I remember that the main bridge into Eildon was destroyed due to flooding only a few weeks ago (the temp bridge that is in place does not look like it will hold up to much).

Also of concern is if that race does go ahead will there be "adequate" shelter for the riders who are waiting to complete their runs? I remember how appalling the conditions were at Big Hill last year on top of the hill. For those of us who don't have the best immune systems, racing in the wet can be quite hard on the body.

I would hate to see a lot of the riders put the effort in to travel to the race and then be told that is has been canceled due to the conditions.
If it were to be cancelled that would be a big call. A DH race cancelled because it's too wet.... doesn't sit well with me. (The Illinbah race being cancelled this week is due to 350mm in a weekend and the roads were completely washed away. that's not rain.. that's monsoonal)

The bridge was destroyed last month due to record rainfall... the reports I've seen say it will be cold with showers.

Most people will be prepared for cold weather I'd imagine, failing that there could be a warning on here and on the VDHS website telling people to rug up.

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt

i dont know who you are but you should stop using nathans profile to post stuff up. your making him sound like a whiny bitch and its not helping his tough guy reputation.

AshR

Likes Dirt
woo balmy 8 Degrees on Saturday.... make sure we take sunscreen and board shorts....

anyone have a jetfire heater I can borrow?

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Be interesting to see how the top of the shuttle road goes...

It'd be hard to be much worse than big hill last season, or buller the season before when the lifts were closed.

12 on saturday and 14 sunday with a some showers says BOM

Probably will keep the dust down if it doesnt end up raining too much.

Be fun either way.

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The weather forecast has been getting better by the day. I don't think it will be that bad , maybe a few showers with cool temps.

Earlier in the week the forecast for today here was 40mm of rain. Guess what ? It hasn't rained at all today. :)

S.

ex offender

Breaking news: Nato grows vagina and fills it with sand. Harden the fuck up!