Eildon round 1 vdhs. One week to go!!!!!!!

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
Crappy Weather

Is there any chance that we might be able to set a tarp up from some trees to give a bit of shelter if the weather is poor ( Just to get out of the rain ) ?

I have never raced at Eildon and in actual fact, this will be my first race season. I am also bringing up with me, 3 other first timers, two 11yr olds and a novice.

Nothing like baptisim by fire............................................... At least it wont be a stinker as I'm guessing the Shep round is going to be. Nothing like a hot summer at Dookie.

Rich

murphnat

Likes Dirt
Breaking news: Nato grows vagina and fills it with sand. Harden the fuck up!
Yes yes yes...It is Funny!!!
Im still comming. Im not going to chicken out because of the weather. I just hope some planning and thought has gone into the event due to the expected conditions.
Hanging out with all the guys and riding bikes will be awesome. Im still looking foward to the race.......just not perhaps going to work on Monday morning!!!!

SEE YOU ALL THERE!

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
hey DH'ers

14mm in my rain gauge overnight, 5+ more since 9am, I live roughly 500m from the race finish.
...its gonna be WET!
[although, the rain has stopped this very minute...]

I'm really looking forward to checking out the action on the weekend :)

one small request: show Eildon city how much it would rock to have mountain bikers come visit on a way more regular basis.

happy happy trails!
adam

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no reason why they wouldn't be???:confused: apart from maybe littering the bush with tearoffs...
You answered your own question there. As a land owner of where these events are ran. I hate tear offs. People just don't consider it littering for some reason.

It would be fine though if spectators/other riders watching actually picked rubbish as they walked back down the track but most don't even consider it.

So everyone, please try and keep that in mind this weekend as you are walking the track do your bit and pick up any rubbish (that includes tear offs!) even if it isn't yours and put it in the bins that should be near rego somewhere.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
You answered your own question there. As a land owner of where these events are ran. I hate tear offs. People just don't consider it littering for some reason.

It would be fine though if spectators/other riders watching actually picked rubbish as they walked back down the track but most don't even consider it.

So everyone, please try and keep that in mind this weekend as you are walking the track do your bit and pick up any rubbish (that includes tear offs!) even if it isn't yours and put it in the bins that should be near rego somewhere.
Well said Sam.

Peoples, make sure you pass this onto friends & family that don't read this site. Make sure they know about it.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Adding to samsty,s and 24alpha,s threads ever one grab some bunting and poles on your way down at the end of the day saves the people running the race some work at the end of a long day.

Last edited: