El Tema Oficial Vuelta 2012

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
So with the Beefeater coming back, is it his for the taking or without have to drag an extra pair of sideburns around will Froome romp it in? Gesink? van den Broeck?

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I no one watching this? I hang out at THIS little joint most mornings if I'm free to catch various cycling events.

Saying that, I've missed the last few days! Highlights anyone?

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
I've seen bits a pieces, saturdays stage was out of control, thats what cycling should be like. I imagine its going to come down to Rodriguez and Froome. Rodriguez is climbing well, looks like he is strong all round and is probably hungry for a win after the Giro (and he's getting old). But Froome has a smarter riding style and will do well in TT.

Having said that I wont be surprised of Contador finds his legs in the 3rd week, but thats not a prediction.

sruge

Likes Dirt
Easily the most interesting grand tour of the year and some of the mountain-top finishes have just been amazing. Whatever you think of Contador, he certainly won't go home wondering what might have happened if he'd attacked a bit more! So much more interesting than watching the Sky team time trial around France.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I think its been the most exciting tour i have seen - the three spainards racing for the podium, talansky v froome v gesnik. So much more exciting than le tour and giro. That last mtn stage was awesome. Hopefully le tour will take note and make same style course 2013 as this years vuelta.
I dont think purrito has it in the bag yet - sat nites stage is going be big, alberto already hinting at long range attack on the hc finish - its long steep grind and hes stated he needs go early as he cant drop purrito last few kms.

I also think good work by froome, he has had big season and is still top ten ( doubt wiggo make top 20 in this vuelta)

GO SIMON CLARKE !!!!!!

jumpers

Likes Dirt
And contador makes my above post look stupid and goes long range attack last night...awesome work. All over for purrito, think best he get will be 3rd now. Darn exciting race