Electric die grinder recommendations/experiences

Jpez

Down on the left!
It sure has... One of these with a mini gas bottle for those one off welds in a roof cavity would be ace.
If you've ever had the joy of hoisting a tig machine, welding leads, gas bottle,hoses, extension leads, and the plethora of other shit needed to do 1 weld you'll know why....
That’s awesome!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
It sure has... One of these with a mini gas bottle for those one off welds in a roof cavity would be ace.
If you've ever had the joy of hoisting a tig machine, welding leads, gas bottle,hoses, extension leads, and the plethora of other shit needed to do 1 weld you'll know why....
You just know that when it says "Contact Us For Price" you're going to feel it.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
In about 2014, the boilermaker's shop I worked for had two 240V Makita die grinders that were shared by everyone.
They were treated like garbage, I personally sent one flying when not paying enough attention cleaning out a bored hole, it bent the shaft of the burr to about 45 degrees.
They both still ran true and never stopped working in the three years I was there, so those two were made very well at least.

I currently have the Milwaukee M18, but haven't used it much. It's fine with Plenty of power, no variable speed is a bummer though.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Nice! Curious as to what you are making with the duplex? As I recall it's a real PITA to work with compared to 304/316.
It's a super duplex pump casing for a desal plant. They still corrode with the salt water, but less than 304/316.

Basically grinding out the corrosion then filling the holes with a 2 part metal repair compound.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It's a super duplex pump casing for a desal plant. They still corrode with the salt water, but less than 304/316.

Basically grinding out the corrosion then filling the holes with a 2 part metal repair compound.
Nice! Curious as to what you are making with the duplex? As I recall it's a real PITA to work with compared to 304/316.
Waaay back when we did some autogenous welding with automatictig on gas pipeline superduplex. It was easy enough to weld but the root run had to be virtually perfectly flat or the nasty shit would settle out in the dead spaces behind any deformities and start corroding like a mongrel. Was very interesting. Testing was quite extreme. Got it sorted in the workshop but the final plan was to weld pipes on board a ship and lay continous lengths. A whole new set of variables and parameters, contaminants, motion, wind etc. After months of trials it was dumped. Not sure what was used in the end.