Electric Guitar

dej

Likes Bikes
Gday,
Only just spotted this thread!:crushed:
Have been playing guitar for a while, over 20 years
Currently have 3 guitars, a couple of customs and an old yamaha rgz which ive had for 22 years
Below guitar was made by a mate of mine, Ralph Diquattro - http://www.diquattroguitars.com (i take all the pics/look after the site)
It's a maple top/back, cocobolo neck and walnut body. Adeson pickups
It was finished in 2009 or so? It's been my go to guitar since then:)

Below is the current pedalboard. I'm kinda new to pedals to be honest, used to just plug into tuner then into amp

band website is http://www.reverbnation.com/chasingmoriarty - feel free to add us if you like:)

Joy

Likes Dirt
that guitar is stunning! wow. love natural finishes that really show off the woodgrain.

your band is cool too man! It's got a sweet Motorhead vibe to it

Joy

Likes Dirt
Hey Joy, check this...

[video=youtube;r5D0FfQkDWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5D0FfQkDWg[/video]
Yeah I saw that the other day! insane. I'd love to have a look around in there

I think it's cool he's embracing the Fractal Axe FX actually.

dej

Likes Bikes
Great vid, thanks for posting:)
It's pretty easy to hide a pedal or two from the wifey, doubt i could hide a room like that though:)
Thanks for listening Joy & yeah motorhead is a bit of an influence:)

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
This thread has been dormant for a few months, does anyone have any new kit to show off? Discovered some new players?

The blues fest is on soon and there some notable side shows. Jimmy Vaughan comes to mind. Also, I know he's as cheesy as blues gets, but Robben Ford is out too, very few guitarists explore blues harmony to the extent of Robben, well worth a look in. He's at the corner in Melbourne on Good Friday (I think...)

I'm playing a gig on sunday, approx 100 people and the butterflies have started taking up residence and I am questioning why I put myself through this

must be nice to be able to enjoy it

ajay

I think that's why there's such emphasis on getting a massive drinks rider! Good luck \m/

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So this is sitting at the local second hand store. I cannot find what year or model it is (no numbers).
The headstock logo looks way too new for the rest of the guitar, and from my research Fernandes didn't start widely using that logo till the late 90s.
I'm just a bit suss on the neck being from a MIJ model, but should also clarify that my dad spotted it and I'm 5 hours away so haven't seen it in the flesh.
I don't need it to be awesome, just a good basis for modification and easier for technical playing (than a les paul, start and semi-hollow body).
Anyone got any clues?
Its really cheap also. ~$130

20140319_111636.jpg20140319_111713.jpg20140318_110105.jpg20140319_111708.jpg

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
So this is sitting at the local second hand store. I cannot find what year or model it is (no numbers).
The headstock logo looks way too new for the rest of the guitar, and from my research Fernandes didn't start widely using that logo till the late 90s.
I'm just a bit suss on the neck being from a MIJ model, but should also clarify that my dad spotted it and I'm 5 hours away so haven't seen it in the flesh.
I don't need it to be awesome, just a good basis for modification and easier for technical playing (than a les paul, start and semi-hollow body).
Anyone got any clues?
Its really cheap also. ~$130

View attachment 286919View attachment 286920View attachment 286921View attachment 286922
Ironically, I'd be looking at the Jackson next to it...

That said, most of the time $130 is a throwaway price for a guitar, there's nothing new that you can get for that price that'd be as good. It's entirely possible, though, that its a Fernandez neck on a no name. Skunk stripe neck with a rosewood fretboard looks wierd too, but maybe that's a Fernandez thing.

ajay

Where is it? I'm in Melbourne, if it's near but I could play it for you and share my thoughts... $130, can't go too wrong with that!

.dan.

Likes Dirt
I'm not a member of any guitar forums, so this is why I'm asking here. After I've bought a new amp I want to buy a double neck electric. 12 on top, 6 on the bottom. The reason behind it is I use New Standard Tuning for a lot of my rhythm work, but I use Standard Tuning for lead. What options do I have available without having one custom made? At the moment it looks like it's either going to have to be a custom job, or a double neck SG (which is just as expensive as a custom would be anyway). Oh and I'm not interested in fuck ugly heavy metal double neck guitars, if you know what I mean.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Danelectro at least used to do do a double-necker, not sure though if they still do. I saw one when I was looking for an electric 12-string about 15 years ago. I thought about it, but bought an Epiphone Les Paul 12 instead.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Cheers Duckmeister, I've seen the Danelectro double necks before but I wouldn't buy another Dano. My first electric was a Danelectro 59 DC, (the one Page played every now and then) and the quality and playablility of the guitar was rather terrible. I could actually find an Epiphone double neck SG, and it wouldn't be too expensive. However I would prefer to buy something a bit nicer.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
How's everyone going with their playing?

I've been quite inspired lately, maybe because I've just been grabbing my guitar as my down time between writing essays. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel like I moved up another level or suddenly understood something which has allowed me to experiment a little more and I actually wrote a riff the other day. Probably helps living in a musical house. Between 5 housemates we have 2 guitarists, a singer and a keyboardist.

I've been playing lots of Smashing Pumpkins solos and really trying to nail them, even using a metronome to get my timing right. I can pretty much play Hummer from start to finish now.

Also I went down to my local music shop in West Ryde a while ago and really enjoyed just hanging out there talking to the guys. One guy looked like an eyeliner wearing Angus Young and had some cool stories about listening to The Clash in their early days. It made me realise playing guitar is who you are, regardless of your skill, not just something you do and then put down. Anyway, that's my little reflective piece, trying to work out how I've gotten better.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Just put a deposit down on this, Taylor GS Mini Koa e-FLTD, first acoustic after only having solid bodies for three/four years, I mainly play sitting so the smaller size is way more comfortable, paired with the fact that it sounds amazing for something so small, so excited :whoo:

Attachments

ajay

Waiting on delivery for a new Ormsby multiscale. ormsbyguitars.com make some seriously amazing instruments, up until this point they were all customs, and absolutely exquisite. He's just done his first production run (70 odd guitars) with basic finishes, but all the trickery that makes his guitars so unique. The most identifiable being the multiscale fretboard and custom hipshot bridges. Comes in at a 3rd the price of a custom. I'll post up with my thoughts once I've had my way with it. Should be late September.