Electric Guitar

DanDan1994

Likes Dirt
Hey guys just wondering if you guys use pedal boards and if so what have you got running on it? I have abit of an obsession with guitar pedals and have quite a collection now haha :p

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Hahahaha ewww boss! id rather have none :p
Serious? Boss rock!
The DD3 is still the best standalone live stomp digital delay out there, their space echo is unreal, Ch3 Super Chorus, the DS1, FL1 flanger, there are so many timeless quality sounds. The list goes on.

The worst mistake Boss ever made was inventing the metal zone. Hollow fizzy piece of shit. But most of the others are awesome pedals. And rugged too.
I have had a few boss pedals of over 15 years, live gigs, thrown in the back of vans, stomped on thousands of times, beer spilled on them countless times, left plugged into adaptors for days by mistake. They just don't die.

I'll take boss over digitech, ibanez, or any other standalone stomps out there any day.
(only exception is the tube screamer Mk#I and Mk#2).

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Electric bass would be here right?

Anyway, i just picked up bass with an acoustic background(Flamenco/Classical). I was wondering if there's any downloadable sheets or guides for learning the bass, even some easy tabs. I dislike chords a lot....Just saying though, i'm more of a plucker, never really got around to learning them :mmph: I'm trying to find lessons too. Where are some cheap lessons in the Yarra Ranges, Fertree Gully or even Wantirna? Thanks heaps!

Joy

Likes Dirt
Serious? Boss rock!
The DD3 is still the best standalone live stomp digital delay out there, their space echo is unreal, Ch3 Super Chorus, the DS1, FL1 flanger, there are so many timeless quality sounds. The list goes on.

The worst mistake Boss ever made was inventing the metal zone. Hollow fizzy piece of shit. But most of the others are awesome pedals. And rugged too.
I have had a few boss pedals of over 15 years, live gigs, thrown in the back of vans, stomped on thousands of times, beer spilled on them countless times, left plugged into adaptors for days by mistake. They just don't die.

I'll take boss over digitech, ibanez, or any other standalone stomps out there any day.
(only exception is the tube screamer Mk#I and Mk#2).
Yeah dude! My DS1 rules. Also use a GE-7 EQ for solo boosts. I used to own a metalzone unfortunately. I can hear it a mile away now. Ultimate noob tone = Metalzone into a Marshall MG series amp.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Yeah dude! My DS1 rules. Also use a GE-7 EQ for solo boosts. I used to own a metalzone unfortunately. I can hear it a mile away now. Ultimate noob tone = Metalzone into a Marshall MG series amp.
Hahaha I once saw a guy who ran a metal zone going into his peavey 5150.
It made me cry.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had heaps of pedals, lots of them have died like all the cool DOD envelope filters. The old DD3 died as well after much abuse. Sold heaps of other ones that became valuable but were actually pieces of shit like the Roland BeeBah and some just got totally sick of the sound. Still regret selling my original Memory Man... that was a sweet sounding delay.

Cut back to a few useful ones... Tube Screamer, original Rat, original Boss analog delay... couldn't be bothered with anything else really. After loving them, pedals really annoy me now.. I've swung the other way.

Garrath

Likes Dirt
Electric bass would be here right?

Anyway, i just picked up bass with an acoustic background(Flamenco/Classical). I was wondering if there's any downloadable sheets or guides for learning the bass, even some easy tabs. I dislike chords a lot....Just saying though, i'm more of a plucker, never really got around to learning them :mmph: I'm trying to find lessons too. Where are some cheap lessons in the Yarra Ranges, Fertree Gully or even Wantirna? Thanks heaps!
Check out http://www.talkbass.com also http://www.ultimate-guitar.com has plenty of bass tabs. www.bassbooks.com is a really good US site for books on bass.

Last edited:

Joy

Likes Dirt
oh! Can't believe I haven't told you guys!
I went to the Steve Vai guitar clinic that he's been doing in Aus the last month. It was awesome and everything I had expected. He did blab a bit about esoteric kinda stuff (he is a weird dude after all), and there was the usual clinic dickhead asking "how do you play fast?", but I definitely learnt some good stuff. He also played a couple of songs including For the Love of God which was ACE.

I've also got a new album out with my glam band De La Cruz. Tonnes of widdly guitars that you guys might like ;-)
FREE DOWNLOAD: http://delacruzxxx.bandcamp.com/

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh! Can't believe I haven't told you guys!
I went to the Steve Vai guitar clinic that he's been doing in Aus the last month. It was awesome and everything I had expected. He did blab a bit about esoteric kinda stuff (he is a weird dude after all), and there was the usual clinic dickhead asking "how do you play fast?", but I definitely learnt some good stuff. He also played a couple of songs including For the Love of God which was ACE.

I've also got a new album out with my glam band De La Cruz. Tonnes of widdly guitars that you guys might like ;-)
FREE DOWNLOAD: http://delacruzxxx.bandcamp.com/
Haha my mate went to it and said there was a guy who asked
"How fast can you sweep?"
"..what's sweeping?"
*trollface.jpg

haha.

DanDan1994

Likes Dirt
The only boss pedals i run are 2 dd-5's one with quoquet and one dotted quaver. they are durable but sound quality is easily beaten. TC electronics make one of the best delay pedal out (nova delay) and mad professor make wicked overdrives as well devided by 13 and visual sounds. i just reckon in relation to their overdrives they are so basic in tone. i got given a ds-1 and hated it. although i have a peavey classic 30 as my amp

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
This probably isn't the place, but I am desperate to get rid of myGCB-95 Jim Dunlop Cry Baby.

Sad to see it go, Just need the cash to fix my car so I can keep teaching! haha
(The life of a poor guitar teacher/ student!)

If anyone in the general Lake Macquarie/ Newcastle area is interested in lessons PM me! :)

[video=youtube;SPGj20qYGLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPGj20qYGLs&feature=related[/video]

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
After loving them, pedals really annoy me now.. I've swung the other way.
I prefer to keep it simple myself. I recently bought an amp with a bunch of different emulation settings, various effects, eight user-programmable memory slots, etc etc. I only use two sounds - clean (with a bit of grit) and dirty. Occasionally some delay/echo.

DanDan1994

Likes Dirt
Yeah my set up is still pretty simple i only have two overdrives a clean boost and a couple of delays and loopers. second overdrive is a boost for my clean overdrive :)

Joy

Likes Dirt
Playing a song off our (De La Cruz) new album with my partner in crime Casey Jones. :very_drunk:
(I'm on the left)
[video=youtube;8ZjgeKv0z6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZjgeKv0z6A[/video]