Electric Vehicles etc

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
End of the week they expect to have an understanding of the fault and a fix .... hahahha fuck you three weeks I got the fucking car at the end of December you cunts...... (rant here, polite but firm on the emails but not today cos I'll go postal)
I skirted around that by buying proven simple tech with the used Leaf.
Its outmoded , passive cooling and reduced range ie 250 kms but in 2.5 years it has been faultless.
I dont like unreliability and many new cars the retailer has no idea how to fix stuff .
The seller is an exmechanic and car enthusiast in our town and can fix things .
I dont like testing new tech for companies esp software .
Eventually when they take some responsibility, things will improve but so far they have taken relatively simple tech and complicated it with bells and whistles.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
I've become very interested in the upcoming Ford Custom EV. 370km is a bit light-on but acceptable, this is extremely compelling as a recreational daily driver. It really all depends on the RRP; suggestions are in the field of 100k o_O

2022_FORD_TOURNEO_ACTIVE_01.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
I skirted around that by buying proven simple tech with the used Leaf.
Its outmoded , passive cooling and reduced range ie 250 kms but in 2.5 years it has been faultless.
I dont like unreliability and many new cars the retailer has no idea how to fix stuff .
The seller is an exmechanic and car enthusiast in our town and can fix things .
I dont like testing new tech for companies esp software .
Eventually when they take some responsibility, things will improve but so far they have taken relatively simple tech and complicated it with bells and whistles.
I think Indica has been very unlucky, I've had a look at some of the BYD pages and most people only complain about poor customer service but the cars seem to run fairly well.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I hope so, entering another week without my $62,000 car, such a good purchase.
FML
We were without our brand spanking new Alfa for nearly 5 months before I got a new one… Took many letters back and forth with the ACCC and Fiat Chrysler Australia after the dealer fucker up the car.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I hope so, entering another week without my $62,000 car, such a good purchase.
FML
That is very disappointing.
I do think the problems are that they are selling cars but learning about them on the job.
The Leaf retailers in Aus know nothing about their product , silly friends bought one new , thats why it is so good to have the Yack bloke" Kilowatt cars " he knows heaps .

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
I've become very interested in the upcoming Ford Custom EV. 370km is a bit light-on but acceptable, this is extremely compelling as a recreational daily driver. It really all depends on the RRP; suggestions are in the field of 100k o_O

View attachment 407009
As long as it's long enough to be converted into an alright camper and isn't like 90k+ like the E-transit, I'll creampie myself for one.

For me to really consider it, it'd need to be in the 50-70k range, if it's over that i'll just stick to buying a landcruiser ute or something as my next camper/don't give a fuck vehicle.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
For me to really consider it, it'd need to be in the 50-70k range, if it's over that i'll just stick to buying a landcruiser ute or something as my next camper/don't give a fuck vehicle.
So you are expecting this to cost the same as a base diesel VW Multivan? It doesn't work that way with EV's. Until they tax the fuck out of all ICE vehicles for the pollution they cause, the10k you save in fuel over the years on the EV will always be included up front.

Edit: the slick multivan is $98k. Most EV's are made on the slick side too, not many basic models.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I've been renting a polestar 2 in Tassie for nearly a week now. Id be happy with it as a daily car but if I had a spare 80k to spend it wouldn't be on a car. I'd also be concerned about range for a road trip if I had a bike on the roof or bike rack effecting aerodynamics.

Edit: Overnight charging at Airbnbs has meant I've barely paid to charge the thing. One place offered to let me charge, the other one didn't have the owners present for me to bother asking.

Last edited:

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
So you are expecting this to cost the same as a base diesel VW Multivan? It doesn't work that way with EV's. Until they tax the fuck out of all ICE vehicles for the pollution they cause, the10k you save in fuel over the years on the EV will always be included up front.

Edit: the slick multivan is $98k. Most EV's are made on the slick side too, not many basic models.
well considering ford already has the E-Transit which takes up the 90k+ price range it makes sense to target an ev van in the 50-80 range, preferably 50-60.

but if it's going to be 90k+ I think i'll just ignore it and get a Landcruiser.

LPG

likes thicc birds
What's your range experience been with it, vs advertised?
Seemed close but it was hard to judge, the roads and distances in Tassie are different from NSW where I will normally sit on freeway speeds pretty much all the way to the destination. The car said 440km at full charge and seemed close enough in practice. I didn't do any calculations but may tomorrow.